Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here’s my current cheek-pistol configuration setup inspired by Rhett Neumayer who pioneered this method of using the CP33 as a PDW instead of a traditional pistol.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Plant Shotgun

• 3D printed CP33 cheek rest (with integrated QD connector) designed by Booligan / printed by trungZmaker
  • 5.56 223 Linear Compensator Blast Forwarding Muzzle Brake 1/2-28
  • Hiram Green/Red Dot Reflex Sight 1x20mm 4 MOA
  • Fineonly 2 Inch Red Dot Riser Mount (with integrated QD connector and backup iron sights)
  • MLOK 5-Slot Picatinny Rail Adapter
  • Ergo Slim Line Santoprene Rail Covers
Automotive tire Font Auto part Bumper Technology

Cylinder Font Technology Auto part Metal

The gun is held in the cheek position like this which give you 3 points of contact, continually connects the red dot with your line of sight as you move your head around, and with both elbows tucked in makes your profile as compact as possible during self-defense situations. Yeah it looks weird but, the speed and accuracy of shooting with this configuration is absolutely astounding.
Arm Vision care Photographer Sleeve Reflex camera

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Not possible. No issues. I have yet to see one besides mine though, much less one that's caused damage, so I'm not sure who would be saying such a thing.

Thats is seriously the perfect set up.
Cutting into the slide would be my concern. How often fire your cp33? How many rounds do you figure you use in each session ?
How has it been holding up?.
Very interested in its function and installation

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not possible. No issues. I have yet to see one besides mine though, much less one that's caused damage, so I'm not sure who would be saying such a thing.
Good to know!
Also what kind of grip sleeve is that?
And would you be willing to share your afg 3D file or are you selling/planning to sell these? I’d love to print one for myself!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thats is seriously the perfect set up.
Cutting into the slide would be my concern. How often fire your cp33? How many rounds do you figure you use in each session ?
How has it been holding up?.
Very interested in its function and installation
Cutting the slide def puts in a weak spot. Nothing to worry about normally, but drop it hard enough and just right on the rail over the slot and I could see it possibly bending. Not something I'm worried about though. Not a ton of rounds through the gun. Somewhere less than 2 bricks of bulk ammo though. 800 rnds maybe. But really, rounds through the gun don't do anything here.

Dropping it, or maybe manually cycling it tens of thousands of times might cause a little wear inside due to the side load vs pulling straight back...

Good to know!
Also what kind of grip sleeve is that?
And would you be willing to share your afg 3D file or are you selling/planning to sell these? I’d love to print one for myself!
Grip sleeve is a Hogue Handall. Regular / large size. I use 'em on a lot of my guns.

Not releasing any files yet, but will probably put it up on Shapeways when it's ready. The handle needs to be AL. I haven't tried a large number of others, but nothing reasonable in cost lasts very long. The carriage inside is working well in Nylon 12. Currently on about the 18th design. Current one is cool as it has an end piece than can snap on/off so you can choose to keep the stock charging hangle in place or not.

One thing I have not done though is dump hundreds of rounds at a time to really heat things up. The carriage rides right over the barrel and Nylon 12 has good temp resistance, but I haven't pushed it. AL or something more exotic might be needed if you're one to really do mag dumps.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have put so many rounds through mine I feel like its shooting itself apart. Lol...
Seriously the oem charging handle is a weak point. I am in my 3rd one. First one broke in ine of the corners where it meeta the plastic. The next one i had for about 1000 rounds and it snapped right in the center. I wish they would make one a bit more substantial.

Today i was experiencing intermittent light strikes. I figured the firing pin channel needed to be cleaned. It was broken.

Attachments

61 - 66 of 66 Posts