You need a Drum Mag

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by Panzercat, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Panzercat

Panzercat Active Member

Dec 17, 2010
    50 rounds? $34.99? For my Sub2k?
    Yes, please.

It's a SK build, but supposedly to mil spec. Classic Firearms seems to be getting a lot of my business lately :)
    [​IMG]

Retired1 likes this.
  2. wanderson

wanderson Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I bought one of those last year for my 9mm AR pistol, ran great, no issues. Can't beat 'em for the price.

3. Brasky

Brasky Active Member

Jul 22, 2017
    I have read dozens upon dozens of reviews of these causing failure to feeds in glocks, 9mm ARs, sub 2000s, etc.

They are made in South Korea which also makes really crappy Glock mags and ak magazines.

Classic firearms deletes bad reviews so you probbly didn't read too many on there

4. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Wow, I paid close to $500 for my 100 round drum. Works ok, not great. Looks cool as help, I must say.

5. terry_tr6

terry_tr6 Active Member

Jan 28, 2015
    grant valkaria, Fla
    i saw one of the 100 rd twin drum mags at the last gun show and thought "wouldn't that look tactikool on my .300 pistol?". but figured after the cost of the mag, i'd be short of enough money to fill it. reviews for reliability are "less" that flattering too....

6. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, GIJoe didn't like mine. He much preferred the 30 round stick, and I have to agree, it does work better.

7. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    It's a lot of weight on what is not really a very stout mag catch.

8. Panzercat

Panzercat Active Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Yeah, there's definitely a break-even point for the budget minded and mine doesn't go much higher than the price I paid here.

9. Panzercat

Panzercat Active Member

Dec 17, 2010
    I've had pretty good experiences with Classic so far. Hopefully this follows that trend.

STL9MM likes this.
  10. STL9MM

STL9MM Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I still prefer a quality 30 round mag too. I can change it plenty quick and it's far less bulky. Yes the drum does look tacticool but not as practical for my use.

11. Panzercat

Panzercat Active Member

Dec 17, 2010
    w00t! It's here! The unit itself feels built well enough, but heavier than I was expecting.
    Ironically don't have enough ammo to feed it, but it fits pretty nicely in the sub. Will have to pick up a box of 9mm to load it up and see. It does look undeniably cool, however. Can only hope Classic's claim as to these working holds up.

[​IMG]

Retired1 likes this.
  12. Brasky

Brasky Active Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Looks good. Let us know how it shoots.

And hurry up and buy a case or two of ammo while it is cheap ;)

Retired1 likes this.
  13. Hamish

Hamish Member

Feb 12, 2017
    Not to be a party pooper, but, two stick mags beat the round count and weigh *how* much less than the drum?

More power to you if you like it, they always look fun to watch when they run right.

14. Panzercat

Panzercat Active Member

Dec 17, 2010
    No worries. I got two of those as well ;)
    That said, didnt realize the weight of the drum until i picked it up out of the box. Its fine tho. We're equal to two sticks and another 17+ round mag w/o reload. I can deal :)

Retired1 likes this.
  15. Brasky

Brasky Active Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Only two stick mags and no ammo? We need to learn you good so you up those numbers

Retired1 likes this.
  16. Retired1

Retired1 Active Member Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Northwest Oklahoma
    Only 2 stick mags and a drum - and - not enough ammo? Looks like Panzercat needs to make a shopping trip to the local ammo dealer (wait until that drum is loaded and he finds out just how heavy it really is...lol :) ).

17. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Ok, am I the only one who read that as:
    The new empty drum mag weighs the same as two empty 30's and an empty 17?
    Lop

18. Midlogunner

Midlogunner Member

Dec 26, 2015
    I have one of these S. Korean made 50 rd drums that I bought a couple years ago at the same time as a 33 round, factory Glock magazine. I used a different retailer, but the drum was $40 and the magazine was $32 with free shipping for both. For having fun and throwing reasonably affordable lead down range, there is nothing in my arsenal that is as satisfying as the Sub-2K with the drum. On every occasion, the drum has been reliable and functions exactly as expected. However, I have never dropped or bumped the drum hard or made an effort to run it through any "mil-spec" type paces. If I was in a life or death situation where reliability is paramount and my S2K was the only weapon available, I'd grab the 33 round Glock mag over the 50 round drum without a doubt.

With that said, I am very happy with my drum and highly recommend it as a range toy!

19. benwwalker

benwwalker Member

Mar 15, 2017
    sweet rig, share the secrets of that optic. I 'm looking to plant one on mine too.