Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Anyone in Kansas, I hope you are all staying safe. 2 Tornado emergencies in the state of Kansas, twister headed towards Wichita.

Quite a few tornadoes all around.

Friends of mine up there posted this pic earlier.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It makes the springtime more interesting, but not in a good way. All clear in my south central portion. Lots of tornadic action all around me.....and nothing to watch on TV. I need to get cable.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
From the pic it's hard to tell if those are desensitized locals or crazy tourists... Hope all you flatlanders keep your heads down out there.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the pic it's hard to tell if those are desensitized locals or crazy tourists... Hope all you flatlanders keep your heads down out there.
Having lived there and knowing the person who posted the pic....Desensitized locals. It happens, when you have air raid sirens going off about every other day and calls to "head to the basement" and/or stay inside.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its all of the above. The nice thing about a tornado during the day is that the movement can be seen. That makes it easy to watch from a safe location. They almost always move east or northeast around here.

Thanks for the well-wishes. St. John was hit by a tornado earlier. Lots of damage according to the news.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Seem to be dodging everything so far, but the night ain't over. I'll sleep with an ear and an eye open tonight! We'll be ready to scramble to the twister hole (basement) in a hurry if needed. Poor Wichita has had dang twister warnings for hours. That pic is just scary.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Reported we have 4 fatalities in Woodward, OK. 2 are children. The storm hit off this squall line around 0023 this morning. The storm line extends 1000 miles from south Texas to Iowa, but seems to have settled down at this time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I live in a town just south of Wichita, it missed us by 2 miles. Estimated damage in the Wichita area is $230 million. Good thing it was only estimated to be an F3 tornado when it hit here. Best thing no loss of Life and only minor injuries.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I live in a town just south of Wichita, it missed us by 2 miles. Estimated damage in the Wichita area is $230 million. Good thing it was only estimated to be an F3 tornado when it hit here. Best thing no loss of Life and only minor injuries.
+1 , am glad to hear you are OK friend.
We were safe up in Oz-ville... fact I went to a private party for a friends birthday. They had a Las Vegas comidean... he went off about the storms and how he now remembered why he hadn't come back to the land of killer weather in so long... we had wind but no twisters. Club has an ultra lounge below ground level so had a place to go if needed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts