You guys convinced me to buy..

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Smokey74, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Smokey74

Smokey74 New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Well, I came here after I bought my PF-9 and I've been reading such good things about the P3AT that I had to go buy one. I must say.. WOW!! This is one sweet little pistol.. I didn't think the size difference would be so different compared to the PF-9 but it is. I still love my PF-9 but I see myself carrying this little .380 a lot more. It fits in the front pocket of my jeans and I can barely tell it's there. Can't wait to shoot it.

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi Smokey,

Glad you like your new P3AT. Hope all goes well your first time out to the range. Can't think of another gun that would suit me as well as the P3AT does for front pocket carry* - well one that I could afford anyways.

* Also works well in a SmartCarry that I use for really deep concealment.

Take care...

3. KelTex78

KelTex78 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I have been looking for a P3AT (or LCP, I'm open minded) ever since I handled a P32 at a gun shop. I know the P3AT is practically the same size as the P32 and I couldn't believe just how much smaller it looked and felt. When you read the measurements, it doesn't seem like it would be that much smaller but when you hold it in your hand, you can tell it's a huge difference!

4. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I hear you about the size and weight of the P-3AT. I used to carry a J frame S&W a lot and thought it was small. I still do carry it some but after the P-3AT even the J frame seems big.

5. Smokey74

Smokey74 New Member

Jan 13, 2009

My friends told me to buy one if found it. I got lucky, the local gun shop got 4 of them in the day before I stopped by for some amo. I looked in the case and said, I'll take that one. ;D While we we're doing the paper work, 2 more were sold. The guy said they never have them long enough to even call people on the wait list.. I paid $279 for it and I'm happy. I hear Taurus and a few other companies are comming out with versions of the same pistol because of such high demand. I'm half tempted to keep buying them everytime I see one.