Yet Another: New Proud Owner!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Temp08, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Temp08

Temp08 New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Yes, I'm another new proud new P3AT owner. Rather I will be, should be able to pick it up next Wed and I can't wait. I plan to get my CCW here next week. Already planning my other goodies. After extensive research on the board, what a wealth of information I might add, I've decided on carrying Golden Sabers as my primary round, a GURU Dave P3AT pocket holster, and for my purposes I'll stick with the factory 6rnd magazine. Gonna break it in on some Federal FMJ, decided I'll hold off on the FnB until I put at least 100 rounds through and see how things are. Of course I'll strip it down, clean and re-oil before my first shot. I'd really like to find a nice slip-on cover for it, haven't really looked into that as of yet. Did quite a bit of research looking for a good CC weapon and finally settled on the P3AT, seems to be the best value out there for its class. Can't wait to take it to the range!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG

what do you mean by a slip on cover ?

3. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi Temp08,

Welcome to the KTOG P3AT BB. :) We will be happy to give you advice and help as need it.

Best Wishes:

4. Temp08

Temp08 New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    I'm talking about those slip-on grips. The Pachmayr #4 or Handall Jr are just some I've seen so far.

5. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    The Jr. is popular here.

Welcome to the forum.

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard!

7. Temp08

Temp08 New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    So I'm pretty interested in doing a pre-shooting FnB, I think it would be a good idea overall. Though I've heard it may void the warranty, is this true? It'd be a shame to FnB only to find some defect that requires I send it to KT and they say, "Sorry, but you're SOL" Ya know..

8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    the F&B is basically a through cleaning of a newly machined part, ie knock of the sharp edges, look for and remove any tight fits, and polish tool marks. I perform every cleaning like a F&B, if I see a dinged or smear, I scrape and polish it.

IF you take a side grinder to it and throw sparks, that might void the warrenty ;D

9. Temp08

Temp08 New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Excellent. Now I have something to do until I can make it to the range.

10. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Welcome. You have purchased a great little gun. Put it with a Crossbreed Minituck and it don't get no better!!

Bo Bryant