Yet Another New P3AT Owner

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Uncle_Sam, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Uncle_Sam

Uncle_Sam New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    I bought the P3AT about a month ago and have been to the range with it three times so far. I'd estimate that I've already put about 300 rounds through this amazing little gun so far, and have not had a single malfunction of any kind. I've only used one type of ammo so far - Winchester "WinClean" ammo. That's the only .380 ammo stocked at the gun shop/range where I shoot, so that's why I ended up using it.

I also bought the Crimson Trace LG-430 (eBay purchase) at the same time and have been quite happy with it as well.....and this is the purpose of my post. I took the laser off the gun the other day when I received my new Don Hume "JIT Slide" holster (which is also awesome), and somehow ended up losing the two little screws that hold the laser on the gun. I just (a few minutes ago) called and spoke with Crimson Trace customer support, and the nice lady on the phone, with no fuss whatsoever, said she's ship me an "accessory kit" tomorrow, no payment required. Their website says "customer service is a bright spot," and they weren't kidding. It was probably the easiest call I've ever made to any customer service department, ever. I hope this helps any of you P3AT wielders who might be making a decision between the Armalaser and Crimson Trace laser sights. Most of you guys/girls probably aren't as scatterbrained as I am, and won't end up losing those two little screws, but.....if you are, CT customer service is there for ya.

Cheers!

Uncle_Sam

2. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Welcome to KTOG and congrats on your purchase! It sounds like your little P3AT is running smoothly and you seem to be very happy with it.
    The smallest, most important pieces will always get lost first. Just wait until a spring goes flying across the room and hides in the tiniest nook it can find.

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG.

If you have field stripped for cleaning, do you still have the ejsctor?

4. Uncle_Sam

Uncle_Sam New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    I have not field stripped the gun yet, but will after my next trip to the range. I've cleaned the barrel after each trip to the range, but nothing more.

Uncle_Sam

5. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG Uncle. Made a good choice with the P3AT. Did you get it for concealed carry?
    I hear CT makes a good laser too. I didn't care for the button on the grip when a tried a fella's at the range, so I went with Armalaser. Lots of folks here swear by both. Both good products, and good customer service by both. I had a similar problem with my RSS. I lost a small screw, and couldn't find the dang thing on the carpet. Rick replaced it quickly.

Glad you are here. Lots of good folk who will help you with any issues you may encounter. Keep us up to date on what's happining. Enjoy your new little friend.

tr

6. Uncle_Sam

Uncle_Sam New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    I did buy it for concealed carry, however there is no concealed carry where I live. Welcome to Crook County Illinois!   :-/    I've carried the gun concealed, but only as far as my garage. That's not to say I won't ever "break the law" and carry it farther than my garage....but for now I think I'll just follow their stupid rules to avoid trouble. If all of civilization falls apart like I think it will, I'll be carrying the P3AT along with a full-size pistol and an AR (buying soon).

I live in Evanston which is the first town North of Chicago (adjacent to Chicago, also on the lake).....Evanston residents were not even allowed to own handguns until August 12th of this year (http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2008/aug/12/local/chi-evanston-gunaug12). Apparently, our elected officials didn't believe that they had to adhere to the laws of the land, and chose to enact a handgun ban back in the 1982. We will call them "misguided fools" and be absolutely correct in saying so.

Here's a particularly funny excerpt from August:
    "Evanston’s handgun law, one of the more progressive in the country, had banned not just handguns but any device that “is designed to expel a projectile,” including BB guns and paintball guns with projectiles larger than .18-inches in diameter. Items such as collectors’ guns were exempt from the ban."

Progressive! I nearly peed myself when I read that.    ;D

Thanks for all the welcomes - I'll be asking loads of dumb questions, so stay tuned.

Uncle_Sam

7. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    There are no dumb questions. We all learn from each other here. When I got here, I had some rather basic questions that I was hesitant to ask cause I thought people would snicker. I asked, and got no snickers, just some helpful advice and support from folks who care about the reason we're here, and share a common bond. Someone said in a thread recently that KTOG is not just another gun blog, and they were right.  We look forward to getting to know you and all the new members. Learn from us, and we'll learn from you. Again, Welcome.
    tr

8. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the forums. As has been said before there is a lot of good info here and plenty of good folks to help if you can't find what you are looking for...

John

9. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008