Yet another new p-3at owner!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jdmsds, Nov 26, 2008.

1. jdmsds

jdmsds New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    After weeks of debating, i picked up my new P3AT a few days ago....... Although i haven't shot it yet ::) i think i'll get along quite well with my new friend!

I have 1 question, for those of you who carry your 3AT inside the wasteband, Is there a IWB holster that also accommodates an extra magazine or two? If not, how do you carry an extra magazine comfortably? Do you just keep it in your pocket?

Thanks for any info and i'm glad to be part of this forum finally!

BTW, my dad now has the P3AT on his shopping list after checking mine out ;D

Steve

2. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Welcome and congrats on your purchase!
    I carry IWB when not at work and the extra mag goes in my left (weak) front pocket. There are disadvantages to putting a mag in your pocket like that but the lent can be cleaned off pretty easily. There may be holsters out there that accommodate the extra mag but I have never saw any. The best holster I have found for IWB carry is an Uncle Mikes size 36 (?). It is very comfortable and tough too.

3. jdmsds

jdmsds New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Thanks for the info, my next question was what size uncle mikes holster fit the best, but looks like you answered that already!

4. FatCat

FatCat New Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Steve,

I carry mine in my pocket with a Desantis Nemisis holster. It doesn't accommodate any extra clips but it does handle the crimsom trace laser. I am also looking for an IWB holster.

Fran

5. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Galco USA404 IWB horsehide holster made for the P3AT.   ;)

[​IMG]

6. edpm3

edpm3 New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Extra mag in the weak side pocket. It's not much bigger than a Chapstick.

7. Hudispit

Hudispit New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I like the uncle mikes with a elastic mag holder sewed on it.  Can't tell it even there plus it holds the holster in the pocket when drawing my gun.

[​IMG]

8. jdmsds

jdmsds New Member

Nov 26, 2008

Now thats a good idea! I take it thats a size 36?

9. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG, I carry mine in a Nemesis Pocket holster or an ankle rig, IWB i use the belt clip.