Yet another new P-3AT owner....

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by devicemanager, Dec 11, 2008.

1. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Last weekend a friend of mine asked if I had ever heard of Kel-Tec (I had not) and whipped out his Blk/HC P-3AT that he uses for a BUG. Since then I found this forum and have spent hours lurking and searching. I was also interested in the LCP, but in the end I decided to go w/ the Kel-Tec. Calling local gun shops and asking for either mouser earned me a laugh and good luck...

A local FFL dealer has 2 Blk/Blued on order for $245+tax+ship+xfer but no ETA. I had no idea that some of our local pawn shops carried new guns, so I called around this morning and found a brand new P3ATPKGR in stock for $350+tax. I wasn't too hip on a green (olive) grip, but it looks so much nicer in person, plus it had a parkerized finish. The sales guy assisting me was extremely polite and low pressure. He tossed in a +1 mag ext, a box of ammo, and I was out the door for $350 incl. tax. It took about 10 min for me to fill out the transfer and him to key/phone it in.

I'll try to hit the range soon to break us both in since I haven't fired in years.

[​IMG]

* fixed typo

2. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Glad you found one, the park finish should serve you well.

Good luck at the range and remember to grip that rascal tight. ;)

You may want to see if you can't find a Handall Jr. for it before going. I think the Handall comes in green but not the Jr.

3. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG! :)

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

CLEAN, LUBE, shoot ;)

5. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG. We'll be watching for your range report. Enjoy your new little friend.
    tr

6. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the forum..I'm sure you will enjoy your new P3

John

7. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I went to Wal-Mart around 1 am this morning for some items and strolled thru the Hunting/Fishing department. I picked up two WWB 100ct. for $31ea., and the 100ct. 9mm was only $15. I also needed a nice LED flashlight and the Coleman Max 2AA w/ Cree XR-E LED for $25 caught my attention. This bad boy emits a lot of light and appears to be highly regarded on candlepowerforums. Now all I need is my CT Laser and Desantis Nemesis to arrive.....  ;)

8. dave43

dave43 New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Wow...WWB value pack in 9 mm for $15. 100 ct value pack runs $20 here. I wonder why they don't keep consistent prices.