(Yet another) Holster Recommendation Thread.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by pfb, Dec 19, 2007.

1. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    I've narrowed down what I am looking for in functionality:
    • Inside Waist Band
    • Tuckable
    • Appendix carry
    • Molded for P3AT II, not generic
    • Comfy without undershirt
    • Instant gratification. I don't want to wait 3+ months for it.

Comp-tac two o'clock, $55, worried that the kydex against the gut isn't going to be very comfy.
    [​IMG]

K&D Mini IWB Defender, $65, 14+ weeks!
    [​IMG]

High-noon Hidden Ally, $35, in stock, but upper part of gun is bare against skin.
    [​IMG]

JS Holsters Tuckable, $60. ? delivery, ? comfort.
    [​IMG]

HBE leatherworks Tuckable Pro TL, $99+, fully customizable, handmade, 2-4 wks delivery. Might be the best choice! Yes, I know this is a pic of a seacamp, not a P3AT...
    [​IMG]

Any recommendations on the above or any other ideas?

Pics and/or links would be great if you do!

2. george

george Guest

Sir KD. I have 2 one made only for me. You will like them. Call Keven and tell him what you need and he will make it for you. Yes a long wait but worth it.
    Just my .02 OK?

(K&D Mini IWB Defender, $65, 14+ weeks)
    Geo.

:)

3. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
  4. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Are either the Galco or the Hume tuckable? I had previously reviewed them and neither specified that they were tuckable, so I assumed they where not.

5. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
  6. KD_Holsters

KD_Holsters New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    PFB:

The picture you posted is our Cochise Defender, which is for larger sized guns. I would suggest considering our Custom Belt Defender:

[​IMG]

Also, I would recommed doing some research/google search about HBE Leatherworks.

7. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I got a Kydex holster from FIST recently, and I didn't have to wait incredibly long for it to be made. Maybe you should check them out.

8. pfb

pfb New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Yes, upon further research, HBE is either out or nearly out of business. 3.4 weeks delivery, evidently, was a complete fantasy.

Thanks for the heads up!

I think the best approach might be to buy a less expensive, in stock IWB tuckable appendix holster, make sure I like that carry position, then order a nicer holster from K&D.

9. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    That sounds like an excellent plan.

10. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi,

You mentioned appendix carry so I'm pretty sure you'd want to skip those holsters you show that are not straight drop. I think a a slight reverse cant would be ideal for appendix carry but can't remember ever seeing, reading or hearing about such an IWB holster.

Take care ...

11. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    I am not built for appendix carry, but find the K&D mini-IWB-Defender extremely comfortable at 3:30. Actually the Cochise Defender there right now with a 1911 in it is pretty comfy.... ::)

12. vulcan

vulcan New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    I just got a Comp-tac Two O'clock holster after using a K&D IWB Defender.
    I use the Comp-Tac on the hip like the K&D.
    Just think it's great. You couldn't go wrong with this. Took about 4 days from the time I ordered it.