yet another ammo question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by toddmog, Dec 29, 2007.

1. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I'm not trying to start a whirlwind here, but was curious if anyone switches to ball ammo for your P3AT's in the winter months when people are likely to be wearing heavier coats/clothing? I've heard many opinions, but would like to hear from those who actually carry the P3AT.

I will mostly be carrying my G27 with the cooler weather, but will still drop the P3AT in the pocket regularly.

Thoughts???

2. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I asked the same question last year.

From opinions and research I decided to stick with JHP.
    If the nose of the JHP gets clogged with material it's going to act like a FMJ anyway.

3. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    I conducted a poll a few months ago on this topic for the P3AT. About 2/3 of the members carry JHP while 1/3 go the FMJ route. Of the 2/3 that carry JHP, some did interleave between JHP and FMJ.

4. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    When it is cold enough that everyone will be wearing extra clothes or a coat, I usually carry a .45acp.

The P3AT sees more action in the summer. I used to carry Corbon DPX only, then interleaved that with DoubleTap FMJ, and now have switched to DoubleTap Gold Dots exclusively. My 3AT has proven reliable with them, and there are several boxes on the shelf. This gun will be carrying them for years to come.

5. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Thanks Rubb....I did a search, but didn't go back far enough.