Yeaaaaah Baby!  Just bought a P-3at

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by nmshooter, Jan 15, 2009.

1. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Well, subject says it all but I have been wanting one since Jan. of last year and got a springfield xd sc hoping this would quench my desire for a ccw and I now would like a real pocket pistol.

Just bought mine off of ctcdesigner and can't wait for it to get in!

I have lots of reading to do... :)

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Re: Yeaaaaah Baby!  Just bought a P-3at

Couldn't have bought a nicer gun, gotten a nicer deal nor from a nicer guy. Good job all the way around.

-Scott

3. heavyvino

heavyvino New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Go out and enjoy it.

4. 762x39

762x39 New Member

Jan 8, 2009

Add a laser, a +1 mag ext. and a grip sleeve... Yaaaaaa Baby!!
    Enjoy

5. red71

red71 Member

Dec 20, 2008

I saw that, it looked like A good deal, enjoy

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Good for you! Don't be surprised if you find yourself carrying your P3AT way more than your XD - I carry mine way more than my Glock 26.

Take care...

7. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006

Dude, that's great news. I carry mine everyday and it has not failed me yet. I guess I missed the thread about that one being up for sale. Post some pics when you get the gun.

8. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

Scott,
    Yup, I agree, big thanks to Dan.  I kind of stumbled on it and am sure glad I did!

Great deal, check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope I don't phase out my XD but I do plan on carrying this everywhere I go!  (legally of course :) )

Josh,
    Glad to hear yours is ticking.  From KTOG I have learned some about these pistols and the more I learn, the more I wanted to get one.  Can't wait for it to get in.  Range report when it makes it in!

9. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006

Very Nice setup,love mine.
    When cleaning always remember to.....

Keep your eye on the Ejector :eek: ;D

10. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

That must be a 3at inside joke... :-?

Been reading up and now I need to purchase a crap ton of different ammo and try them all out. Then I need to get some corbon dtx, hornady's version and the remington's version and try those out as well.

Also been reading on the ccr refinishing...looks pretty tempting for like $40... :-/

11. JB

JB Guest

It's a small, separate piece that just slides into position and likes to jump out and run away when you aren't looking sometimes falls out when you have the P3AT apart for cleaning.  If it falls out and bounces off into the floor, etc. it can be difficult to find.

12. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

It's a small, separate piece that just slides into position and likes to jump out and run away when you aren't looking sometimes falls out when you have the P3AT apart for cleaning.  If it falls out and bounces off into the floor, etc. it can be difficult to find.[/quote]

;D

Gotcha. Way to be nice and give me the heads up or wait a week and wach me make a post stating the exact same thing. :)

13. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007

There's NO hope for you now!!!
    You are past the point of no return.
    You are a passenger on the KelTec Express!

Whatever you do, don't even look at a P11.

And certainly never get near the SU-16 in ANY configuration.

There's no vaccine, and there's no cure.
    EN-JOY! ;)

14. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005

Congrats! Saw that offer in the Trading Post - great deal!
    Clean, lube, shoot, enjoy!

Bobo

15. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

I know...no hope for me.

The SU-16C is what turned me on to Kel-tec so I have no qualms with this .380.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten off of work on time all week so I haven't had a chance to go pick it up. :(

Today I am determined to leave on time!

I went to wally world to pick up some Winchester .380's and they were sold out of that and 9mm! I think I have a better selection of ammo in my closet. :cool:

16. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

Sigh.

Finally got off of work on time and went to go pick it up but the ffl dude lost the ffl paperwork and now I can't pick it up until he gets another copy of it...

Atleast I got to hold it. Man, this thing was even smaller then I thought it was! It makes my XD sub-compact look like a sub-marine! :eek:

Of course, the walmart in town does not have any 380 so I can't shoot it anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter. :-/

17. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008

Finally picked it up for good last Friday and I have been carrying it ever since (minus work). As a way of saying sorry and hiking up my ffl transfer fee, the guy threw in a box of 50 .380acp bullets. I think these are 80's production crap. The first magazine fired o.k. but after that, FTE every shot. I read the 'how to oil' page from goldeinlock or whatever that website was so I am looking forward to trying it out again.

I need to pick up some .380 bullets but wally world is fresh out and I haven't had a chance to get some in so I guess I will have to wait until I run across some bullets.

midwayusa.com is pretty much worthless since everything is sold out...guess I'll have to shop around today :)

18. shurshot1

shurshot1 New Member

Nov 29, 2008

" now I need to purchase a crap ton of different ammo and try them all out.  Then I need to get some corbon dtx, hornady's version and the remington's version and try those out as well."  

Good luck with that. I've been waiting for a whole bunch of ammo from Midway and others for going on two months now!!! Just ain't much out there. I reload for practice but still looking for my carry ammo. Cheers, shurshot1