1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up! :eek:

·
Registered
575 Posts
WWB isn't the only ammo that can do this.
This is a my old P3AT. My buddy was shooting it using Remingtom UMC green box. Lucky it was chilly out and he had a thin glove on.
KT was good enough to replace it with a new one. ;D
You can see the ruptured barrel just under the black plastic portion. It goes from end to end.
Be carefull.

Oscar

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Oscar: Did KT give you a probable cause?

·
Registered
575 Posts
No they didn't, and I did ask them to.
I think it may be because the guy at Gander Mountain that I ask to send it back for me, Decided to try and take it apart. He may have gone to far and made it impossible to figure out.
Maybe he just had to make sure there was not a live round stuck in the barrel?
I just think a sqiub must have been the problem. Can't think it could have been anything other that that.
Anyway, KT did replace it with a new one with my old serial # on it. ;D
I think this pistol is truly amazing for size and power.
Oscar

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
oscarswanson said:
I just think a sqiub must have been the problem. Can't think it could have been anything other that that.
Based on the split barrel, I agree.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry to be stupid, but what's a squib? A round without enough powder to force it otua the barrel, so that the next shot plows into it?

If so, wouldn't there be some sorta warning, like reduced recoil?

Just wondering because I laid in a supply of WWB and woudl still like to shoot it up.

DP

·
Registered
702 Posts
Before it is concluded that WWB ammo is the problem ........KelTec should let us know if it was a defect in the barrel. I have been using WWB since my P3AT decided it would accept it....and ...haven't had any problems yet....

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Deepmine said:
Sorry to be stupid, but what's a squib? A round without enough powder to force it otua the barrel, so that the next shot plows into it?

If so, wouldn't there be some sorta warning, like reduced recoil?

Just wondering because I laid in a supply of WWB and woudl still like to shoot it up.

DP
Some times yes and yes.

My father once had a squib from his reloads
no recoil, very quiet report and you could hear the
lead roll down range.He believes he missed the
powder charge totally :eek:

Rob

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rjhauser said:
personally, KT customer service has replaced some that I never would have, even when ammo was at fault....

their customer service is top notch in my book...
+1 without a doubt

2 week turn on a now flawless P3AT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.