WTT/WTB 9x18 Mak Brass

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by billjohnso20, May 24, 2010.

1. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I need the help of my KTOG family. I have found some bullets, Lee dies, and primers for reloading 9x18 Mak ammo. Now I'm broke. Does anyone have any 9x18 brass they aren't using or that you can spare. I have 9mm Luger and 40S&W brass I can trade straight up?

Thanks y'all,
    David who is still praying Tammy finds work this year.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    If I had any 9x18 brass ammo I'd go shoot my Makarov just to get you the brass, but all of mine is steel cased. :(

3. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    I don't have any either or I would just send them to you.

I'll keep an eye out on the range.

B.

4. mkamer

mkamer New Member

May 19, 2005
    I might be able to help. I think I have some brass cased 9x18 ammo. I will check and if I do I shoot it up asap.

5. waterwalker

waterwalker Member

Re: WTT/TB 9x18 Mak Brass

For a very small investment in a Lee 9x18mm case trimmer you can make 9x18mm from 9mm luger(9x19mm). Use your 9mm mak decapper and expander die on the 9x19mm cases and trim to length with the Lee case trimer or any other case trimmer you may have. The first batch will be time consuming but after that you will have brass you can reuse. Mark the converted brass for identification. I use a red permanent marker.

ww

6. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Re: WTT/TB 9x18 Mak Brass

Yeah, I did this with about 100 Luger cases. It was a total pain. Winchester, Fiocchi, Blazer were the best for conversion. Remington, PMC, and S&B don't work. The brass on the S&B and PMC is too soft and the Remington's walls are too thick to cut down. Once I had 100 cut, it took hours in the press switching between dies to reform the brass correctly. I must have pulled that handle 1000 times in the process. I'll load them tomorrow and get to the range Tuesday and see how they hold up under fire forming.

7. niadhf

niadhf New Member

May 21, 2008
    PM me, and be patient as i am leaving for a road rally for charity this coming weekend (gone a week). i have some MAK brass i keep saying i am goinmg to reload.. and haven't yet. I will warn you THERE MAY BE SOME BOXER PRIMED BRASS IN THERE TOO. so llok carefully so you dont break your dies. And i am going from PA to LA next week via.. IDK what route, so if you are on the way.. Holler.