WTT: Ruger LCP for 1st gen. p 32 (SOLD)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by morganfd9, Jun 23, 2010.

1. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

WTT:    Like new Ruger LCP, with box, soft case for a 1st. generation p32 in good condition.
    Southern Ohio area here.     face to face or through FFL dealer, either is fine by me.

2. scottypp

scottypp New Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Re: WTT: Ruger LCP for 1st gen. p 32

PM sent-

3. MphsTiger1981

MphsTiger1981 New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Re: WTT: Ruger LCP for 1st gen. p 32

pm sent

4. wow6599

wow6599 Guest

So who here on KTOG is the lucky winner? ::)

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Agreed.  No one bothered to post, "I'll take it."  Nor is there mention of an outside listing.  And assuming it was bought here the seller is dealing with someone who did not follow the rules, which is in itself another violation.  Someone has some explaining to do or there will be some banning from the Trading Post via post count reduction to zero. I can see no excuse for not seeing this on the main index page and/or the Trading Post index page.
    [​IMG]

[smiley=thumbdown.gif]

6. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

**** YOU TXcajun, explain that

7. MphsTiger1981

MphsTiger1981 New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Agreed.  No one bothered to post, "I'll take it."  Nor is there mention of an outside listing.  And assuming it was bought here the seller is dealing with someone who did not follow the rules, which is in itself another violation.  Someone has some explaining to do or there will be some banning from the Trading Post via post count reduction to zero. I can see no excuse for not seeing this on the main index page and/or the Trading Post index page.
    [​IMG]

[smiley=thumbdown.gif]

[/quote]

Weren't me!. I shot Morgan an email asking to exchange information, but never heard back from him. Next thing I know, it's posted as sold.

8. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

Hey if i have something for sale, or trade, and i get an offer from outside this forum, it's sold. I won't wait or lose a sale because of this little dinky forum. This is the worst gun forum on the net, all the Admin. does is *****, moan and complain, about everything, I take it that this place is all he has to live for. I'm done with this place, and all the BS rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    What do you know the forum just improved   ::)

All ya had to do was list the item as for sale off forum, real hard hun ...

Best rule to follow;

10. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Smells better around here already.

This kind of attitude tells us he only joined for the TP.

11. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Thank you.  2 people posted about an inquiry and there was nothing from the seller.  Then suddenly it's marked as sold.  Asking for mention of outside sales prevents confusion, which could have easily been avoided by a more thoughtful and competent seller complying with that nominal request.  It is a very small courtesy to ask, IMHO.  And strictly as a courtesy of course, the seller could have posted that he sold it locally, or whatever.  Obviously, he could not be bothered to do much of anything except to use the TP to his advantage, complain, blame someone else, and show off his extensive vocabulary.  ::)

Mothers...  WARNING!
    This is what happens when you tell your children how special they are a little too often, that they are entitled to special treatment and rules don't apply to them, and that nothing is ever their responsibility, but the fault of someone else.  Looks like the collective IQ around here just shot up.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

12. Toforo

Toforo New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Columbia, MO
    Will the puppies be available on the TP???
    shots?
    spayed/neutered?

13. theduke

theduke Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Warminster Pa
    Reminds me of the proverbial door and butt-ocks.

14. MphsTiger1981

MphsTiger1981 New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    While I'm new to the forum, a common courtesy to return the pm with a simple, sorry it sold already would have been more than sufficient. Apparently, our friend was insulted and embarrassed by the attention. I think things would have been much easier, and certainly more civil to just say, "hey, sorry. I screwed up". I suppose that is asking a lot these days. name calling is always much easier and sounds so much more grown up. I just don't get calling out the mod who is just doing his job.  :eek:

15. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    You make some good points.  In the first place, he could have easily added that it was also for sale locally.  And yes, he should have answered both PMs which he ignored.  I don't much care if he was embarrassed by the attention in his thread.  In the first place, once he sold his gun he didn't appear to bother checking his PMs anyway.  In the second place, posting in the thread is simply a matter of utility on my part.  If I PM him, only one person has been advised of proper procedure.  When I post in the thread, it serves as a reminder to many members who may not repeat his mistakes.  Sort of a shotgun approach if you will.  And while I could lock or even delete this thread, it is at least serving some purpose as a counter example on how to conduct yourself in the Trading Post, and in the forum in general.  And yes, he certainly could have bothered to let you guys know what happened and at least thanked your for your interest in his sale.  This guy was simply a jerk and his reaction proved that, if there was ever any doubt.  This was not his first such problem here on the forum.  Thankfully, it was his last.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.

16. MphsTiger1981

MphsTiger1981 New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    TxCajun, your point is well taken. Perhaps this should be a "sticky" for an excellent example of how not to operate on the TP! ;D