WTS/WTT - Yugo 59/66 SKS in Cincinnati/SW Ohio

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by cromanos, Aug 24, 2010.

1. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Raising funds for another toy and some things gotta go.

This is an all-matching M-Series (1972?) Yugo SKS 59/66 with the drilled grenade launcher in G-VG condition.

Pertinent info:

• - Bluing is somewhat worn, but rust free.  Some of the pics look like it's down to bare metal but that's mostly glare, though metal does show through on the corners.
      - The handguard is a slightly different color, but is original to the gun.  It had a crack in it that I repaired with Gorilla Glue as part of the re-finish - permanent and virtually invisible.
      - Original finish was cosmoline and Olga's toenails - got it all off and put on about 12 coats of hand-rubbed BLO.
      - When I used to shoot this more I'd regularly ping the 12" gong at 200 yds. I'm not a great shot, and the gun can probably do better, but that's what I'll stick to  certainly within minute-of-deer/feral pig.
      - When I first got it I had occasional misfires with some lacquer coated ammo (not with polymer, zinc or brass).  The paper-clip fix from surplusrifleforum.com took care of that and is still in place, about 300 rounds later.
      - I sent the bolt to Ben Murray for his spring-loaded firing pin and bolt fluff-n-buff.  That's the only non-original part on the gun and will not change its C&R status or invoke 922(r) limitations,per the BATFE.  The original firing pin and a spare spring are included in the sale.  If you've ever experienced a slam-fire you know why you want this.
      - There are scratches on the metal where you would expect them (piston-tube latch and receiver-cover latch) and a couple where you wouldn't (on the barrel by the gas block)
      - There are dings in the stock, per the pictures, and there are some that aren't documented.
      - If I can find them, I'll include the ammo pouch, cleaning kit and oiler.

Asking $265 FTF in SW Ohio.  I have a C&R and will ship to FFL03 or FFL01 (shipping is extra, should be at or about $20).  Payment by Postal MO, or, of course, cash if FTF.

Preference is cash sale, but these are the trades I would consider (with cash on my, or your, end, depending) in order of preference:

AK variant in 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 (underfolders are nice)
    Ruger SP101 or equivalent carry gun (3" barrel or less).  357 Mag preferred.
    Chinese or Sino-Soviet SKS (must be all original, or come complete with matching original parts - stock, magazine, bayonet etc).  I might consider a bubba job, but with extra cash or other goodies in trade on your end.
    May consider a shotgun - 12 or 20 GA Remington pump or semi-auto (needs to be reliable and functional, not necessarily pretty).
    Mosin-Nagants - Finn M28 or M39, Soviet M91, other unusual variants, Sesty, Westinghouse of Remington arsenal etc.  I have plenty of Izzy/Tula 91/30's and M44's so will pass on those.
    Maybe a Glock 17
    E. German or Russian C&R (no IJ-70 or Bulgy - got them already) Makarov in 9x18.
    Might consider a Kel-Tec P32

Open to any other ideas/offers as well

[img width=450 height=600]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab107/cromanos/Yugo%20SKS%20M296xxx/P8180042.jpg[/img]

DETAILED PICS HERE

Gun is also listed on other boards

2. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I live in NW Ohio. If you were a little closer, I might bite on that deal.

Craig

3. abuck50

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
  4. abuck50

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
  5. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
  6. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
  7. abuck50

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Nice rifle! Thanks!

8. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Glad you like it - have you shot it yet?

9. abuck50

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    need to get some ammo! lol

10. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Sorry, man, had I thought of it I would have thrown a box or two your way.

11. abuck50

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I got some coming from Aim Surplus. I might pick up a box of UMC or Wolf this weekend also! I will post range results in the Other Guns section then.

Have a nice holiday
    Craig

12. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    And to you as well!

I've thought about picking up a case of that yugo x39 from AIM, or maybe the Golden Tiger, though I'm more likely to be able to reload the yugo.