WTS/WTT Taurus 1911 - $500

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by keystoneman, Nov 4, 2009.

1. keystoneman

keystoneman New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Taurus 1911 w/ rail. Gun comes with everything from the factory such as box, brush, bushing wrench, manual, factory grips and 2 Taurus mags. I also have an extra Kimber magazine. You probably have also noticed the aftermarket grips that were put on.

Model: 1911B-1
    Finish: Blue
    Caliber: .45 ACP
    Capacity: 8 +1
    Weight: 39.4 oz
    Rate of Twist: 1:16"
    Barrel Length: 5"
    Construction: Steel/Alloy
    Frame: Large
    Action: SA
    Length: 8-1/2"
    Grooves: 6
    Grooves Turn: Left

Price: $500

Would also trade for a Glock 26,27,36 - a nice 30-06 - or a 357 or greater revolver.

NOTE: I took this gun in on a trade when I took it out of the box the left hand side manual safety fell off. I know this is common with Taurus 1911's and is eaisly replaced by the owner, a smith, or by sending it back to Taurus (lifetime warranty). However, I don't have the time or desire to deal with it. You can see this in the pics, you can also see the safety on the right hand side (still intact has a little discoloration)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. keystoneman

keystoneman New Member

Aug 12, 2009

3. PaiN

PaiN New Member

Sep 15, 2008
    For real???  >:(
    You sold a busted POS Taurus, a brand with about the worst rep. of any gun made today ....for almost as much as I have a sweet Para listed for with accessories....I don't get it?  
    Sorry I don't mean to thread crap, but this ****es me off. Mine are listed across 4 large forums + local and I get nothing but lowball BS....  

4. keystoneman

keystoneman New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Wow, sorry your so disgruntled ... It did not sell from this site if it matters.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Both of you guys need to read the Trading Post Rules.

Pain:  Absolutely no thread crapping is allowed.  That is just plain courtesy, but suppose someone here had just agreed to buy this Taurus, then read your comments and backed out?

keystoneman:  I removed your bump (still available) comment this morning as your post was still in the middle of page 1.

Both Posters:  You failed to mention that your goods are/were for sale elsewhere.

From the only stickied post at the top of this forum, entitled...

Trading Post Rules - READ BEFORE VIEWING    :-?