WTS/WTT - Mosin 91/30 Sporterized (Bubba) in Cinci

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by cromanos, Oct 21, 2010.

1. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    This is a non-matching Mosin-Nagant 91/30 that was cut down by a previous owner. I originally bought it for a restoration project, but don't have the time to finish all my projects, so some have to go.

Pertinent info in the interests of full disclosure:

• - Mosin Nagant 91/30 - non-matching anything, but shoots OK
      - Barrel may be shortened, I can't really tell
      - Turned-down bolt handle
      - ""sporterized"" stock
      - buggered-up front sight (that's the technical term).  I have no idea what it is, my guess is JB Weld.
      - Stock has been cut-down, sanded and ""re-finished""
      - home-made recoil pad
      - compass embedded in the stock
      - passes headspace
      - Includes scout-scope rail (attaches to rear sight block, was missing some screws when I received it.
      - Includes UAG 2-7x32 EER/'Pistol scope

Pictures tell 1000 words:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64585603@N00/sets/72157625088228075/show/

Asking $100 FTF in SW Ohio for the package, or $75 without the scope, OBO, also open to trades

Gun is also listed on other boards

2. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Re: WTS/WTT - Mosin 91/30 Sporterized (Bubba) in C

BTT, still available, and open to offers and trades:

Primers: BERDAN for GP-11, 54R (Yugo brass) and 6.5 Swede! Also, Small Pistol, Small Rifle and Large Rifle boxer, preferably hard primers for semi-auto use.
    Powders: HP-38, Titegroup, Universal, Bullseye, BL-C(2), H335, H4895, Varget or equivalents
    Reloadable brass: 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 7.5x55 Swiss, 6.5x55 Swedish, 8mm Mauser and 8x56R (Steyr-Mannlicher) (I'll take Berdan brass if you have primers that will fit it.)
    Bullets for: 9mm Makarov, 9mm Luger, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 6.5x55 Swedish, 8mm Mauser, 8x56R (Steyr-Mannlicher) and .223
    Reloading dies for:9mm Makarov, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 6.5x55 Swedish, 8mm Mauser, 8x56R (Steyr-Mannlicher) and .223 (full-length sizing)
    Ingot molds for above calibers.
    Casting furnace
    Turkey fryer, cast-iron dutch oven, propane tank
    Chrono

3. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008

It's been brought to my attention that this gun may not be C&R eligible any longer because it's not in its original configuration, so in the interests of playing it safe, I'm going to focus on local sale, or will ship to FFL01 only.

4. Cadapult

Cadapult New Member

Aug 19, 2010

The ATF defines a Curio is a firearm that is collectible because of some special merit. They publishes a listing of guns that qualify. Changing those can make them *not* a Curio.  A Relic, per the ATF, is any gun whose date of manufacture is at least 50 years prior to the current date.  Since the Mosin is more than 50 years old it should qualify by it's age alone, regardless of whether it's been modified or not.  After all, what if it had been modified 50 years ago?

I'd called my local ATF office about the subject a couple years ago and they said as long as the Relic is a complete firearm and the receiver is 50 years old or older it is still considered a relic, even if it's been customized.  But, I ain't a lawyer, some ATF agents who make the KGB look tame may want to ignore what's been written in the law, and your mileage may vary.

5. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008

Agreed on all counts, which is why I'm playing it safe, treating it like a C&R as far as documentation goes, but being conservative on the transfer, just in case I'm wrong.

6. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008

Bump - still available. Make an offer!