WTS PLR-16 custom muzzle brake

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by lumber-jack, May 6, 2009.

1. lumber-jack

lumber-jack New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    OK, so a while ago I posted pics of my PLR-16 with its custom parts.  

A LOT of people wanted to see the muzzle brake for sale, so here it is!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these are made of hardened steel, and as soon as you put it on you will notice a MARKED reduction in noise from your PLR-16.

For more pictures check out my post "A pair of PLR's done right" in the PLR-16 forum.

these are also done on an order by order basis, so please be patient.

$125 shipped
    $130 if you want the endcap knurled ( this helps gain a grip when your tightening it )

PM or email me at lumberjack82nd @ yahoo for details.

We will NOT be making the butt stock attachments.  AT ALL.  To install this to your pistol makes it a SHORT BARRELLED RIFLE, which you need a tax stamp to own.  Because of the legality that surrounds this, we've decided to avoid that all together.

However,

The brake is completely legal in any state that allows them and is NOT classified as a supressor by the BATFE.

MAKE SURE THIS IS LEGAL FOR YOU TO HAVE ON YOUR PISTOL BEFORE DROPPING ME A LINE!!!

you guys are gonna love this thing!

2. ISplatU

ISplatU New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I want one. Which you know. It will be about a month before I can get the money unless I can sell something.
    So I will let you know when I get it.

Thank you.

3. lumber-jack

lumber-jack New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    just give the word and we'll start cutting steel

4. lumber-jack

lumber-jack New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    We've gone ahead and made a few of these, so if your in the market and act fast we can get you one out quick!

5. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    [highlight]as soon as you put it on you will notice a MARKED reduction in noise from your PLR-16[/highlight]

I'd be very cautious with the claims of noise reduction since the ATF includes "moderators" as being silencers and requiring them to meet their requirements and regulation.  I may be over-cautious, but the idea of going to prison, being fined, and losing my rights to bear arms is pretty motivating to be so.
    Calling it a brake in the same post that describes a significant reduction in sound just seems to be asking for trouble.  Even if the ATF has provided you with some printed documentation that they consider the item a legal to own brake, the suggestion that it reduces the report heard when firing the weapon could easily negate anything they have said about the item before the claims of sound reduction were made.
    Again, I'm an over-cautious person, but I'd hate to see somebody get in trouble for something like that.

6. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    I believe the best way to describe the 'effect' is to 'redirect' the sound downrange (with no loss of magnitude).  

So as far as the shooter is concerned, there could be a noticeable reduction in perceived sound (for the shooter - a good thing in my humble opinion), but in reality there is no actual sound suppression occurring.

7. lumber-jack

lumber-jack New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Did a little research in sound waves and this is basically what it does, the sound is directed away from you, so the perceived noise is less, but the actual sound is not reduced.

8. montanafan

montanafan New Member

May 22, 2009
    Thanks for taking the time and effort to develop the parts.  

9. Can_Popper

Can_Popper New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    I have a Levang Compensator so I'm wondering how does this compare to it?

10. lumber-jack

lumber-jack New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    couldn't tell ya honestly

I've never messed with a Levang Comp

11. montanafan

montanafan New Member

May 22, 2009
    flash hider

payment terms?

12. montanafan

montanafan New Member

May 22, 2009
    Are you selling these?

13. mudman

mudman Member

Feb 11, 2009
    What do you think of the performance of your Levang compensator?

14. Can_Popper

Can_Popper New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    What do you think of the performance of your Levang compensator?[/quote]

I like my Levang quite a bit.  It also directs the sound energy forward so my normally very loud PLR-16 just sounds like a regular 18" barrel AR-15.  It is only $32 at Midway.  

I have a sound decibel meter which I plan to use to quantify to exact noise reduction in dB's once I get my Cera hided PLR-16 parts back from Cummings Custom. Thus, I'm interested in how it compares to Lumber jack's product.

15. lumber-jack

lumber-jack New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Hey montana

I'm headed to NG training, so I forwarded your emails to my partner, he'll be in contact with you directly and we'll get one sent out to you.

16. mudman

mudman Member

Feb 11, 2009
    What do you think of the performance of your Levang compensator?[/quote]

I like my Levang quite a bit.  It also directs the sound energy forward so my normally very loud PLR-16 just sounds like a regular 18" barrel AR-15.  It is only $32 at Midway.  

[highlight]That's awesome! I haven't tried mine out yet but that is exactly what I was hoping for. How about the flash? Does it still produce a pretty significant one? Mudman[/highlight]

I have a sound decibel meter which I plan to use to quantify to exact noise reduction in dB's once I get my Cera hided PLR-16 parts back from Cummings Custom.  Thus, I'm interested in how it compares to Lumber jack's product. [/quote]

17. Can_Popper

Can_Popper New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    I dont' want to pollute lumber jack's thread. Please post the question under the PLR-16 section and I'll answer it there.

Thanks