WTS:Alum Forends&Triggers PLR&SU series *SU added

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tesset79, Jul 1, 2009.

1. tesset79

tesset79 New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Reason for Bump is #R1(PLR-16 Forends) BACK IN STOCK and preview of coming SU-16 forends.

#R1 Forends fit PLR16 and probably the SU16D but have not verified this. $140 Shipped .
    #R3 Forends are the short version and the#R4 Forends are the long version for the SU-16 B, C, & CA. Assuming that you can remove the front site on the SU-16B.  Will also fit the SU-16A but from my understanding you must cut off the front site post.  This is assuming that there is no clearance differences from the C which we tested this forend on other than the above mentioned.
    These pics are of unanodized forends and we will not have completed black hard anodized for another 2 weeks or so.  Then they will be on the website.  The pics are just a preview of what they look like.
    Details are as follows:  The short version is split all the way through and uses a bridge ring made from 416 SS to maintain rigidity. It is approx 5 3/4" long (same length as the #R1 for the PLR-16).  The long version is not split all the way through.  It is approx 8 3/4" (looks like the #R1 for the PLR-16 just 3" longer). 19 slots each picatinney rail.
    #R5 Forends for the PLR-22 and SU-22 not pictured but will be up on site when ready.
    To install the SU-16 forends we strongly recommend removal of the spring and plastic retaining tab for the original stock bipod.  We split the plastic retaing ring in one place and pivoted the ring off the barrel.  This may make it next to impossible to go back to the original stock bipod configuration.

These should be available around end of Nov.
    The pricing looks like it will be:
    #R3 (short version for SU-16) $155
    #R4 (long version for SU-16) $210
    #R5 (verison for PLR-22 and SU-22) $140
    All prices include shippng to Cont. US

Triggers fit the PLR and SU series.
    $32 Shipped .
    Shipping will be combined for multiple items.(website explains it in detail)

Website doesn't track inventory so if you order before we update the site and we are out of stock you will be notified and we'll go from there. Refunds can be made quickly if order is altered or canceled.

I know that not everyone likes PayPal but we are going to use them to process so that your payment info is safe.  They were the safest / most affordable for low volume.  You do not need a PayPal account to checkout with PayPal because they accept credit cards with no registration needed.

For full details on products and ordering visit   http://www.redlionprecision.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking,
    Red Lion Precision, LLC

2. mydixiwrecked00

mydixiwrecked00 New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Re: WTS: Aluminum Handguards and Triggers

SAWEET!!!!!! too bad this weekend is ladys anniversary or else id have the extra cash... maybe i should buy her a plr forend and trigger instead... nothing says" i love you" more than gun stuff :D

3. Can_Popper

Can_Popper New Member

Aug 13, 2006

Woot! I'm there.

4. tesset79

tesset79 New Member

Mar 3, 2009

Yeah that should go over well.

5. ellgass11

ellgass11 New Member

May 26, 2009

i'm really interested in these but how do they handel the heat situation? do they get as hot as the plr does?

6. tesset79

tesset79 New Member

Mar 3, 2009

You can check my posts on the PLR16 forum. We shot 60 rounds in rapid succession( 1 Mag change) and, while we didn't take any temp readings, I can say that the barrel was VERY HOT (like peel the flesh on your finger HOT) and the foreend was warm but not uncomfortable to hold with your bare hand so I think it dissipates the heat quite well. The heat also didn't effect the forend as far grip on barrel nut. No Loosening occured still couldn't rotate the foreend from original oriented position by put between knees and twisting with two hands.

7. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia

So your saying these triggers will fit an SU16A?

8. tesset79

tesset79 New Member

Mar 3, 2009

Yes, unless there was a design change somewhere along the line its my understanding that they are all basically the same gun except for the different stock configurations and barrel assembly related parts.

9. Can_Popper

Can_Popper New Member

Aug 13, 2006

Received mine in the mail today and the handguard was a breeze to install. The trigger I also installed according to the directions on the SU-16 FAQ.

Gun now feels great and substantial. Thanks alot for providing us PLR-16 fanatics with a quality product!

10. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009

Trigger ordered, can't wait!

I hate that flexing POS.

11. JoeBlow

JoeBlow New Member

Dec 20, 2007

tesset79, would it be possible to make a version with rails that extend further back? (e.g. so the rear end of the rails is almost at the same front-to-rear location as the forward end of the upper rail on the receiver) This isn't a functional issue, I just like the way the rails look, so longer would be better for me.

12. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009

I couldn't possibly be happier with my purchase.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia

I don't know what is going on here but it is puzzling? I did not intend to put down the trigger, I just said the finish was not as advertised.

14. tesset79

tesset79 New Member

Mar 3, 2009

Hi Grizzly,
    Hope you didn't take offense as that isn't what I intended. I PM'd you just to let you know what options you have and that if you'd like a different color that we'd be happy to exchange it or give you a refund. I hate to have you go through the trouble of installing it if you'd be happier with another color.

15. tesset79

tesset79 New Member

Mar 3, 2009

Glad you like it. How hard did you think the installation was.

16. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia

Thank you for the offer but I can live with the color as it is. Like I said it isn't gold but what the heck. I just got the SU16 yesterday and I did fire a few rounds to make sure it worked before I started messing with it. I didn't notice a problem with the trigger so I may not install the metal one right now. Once again thanks for your offer and I will keep that option open.

17. subsonix

subsonix New Member

May 22, 2009

It is a matte gold, which is exactly what I wanted. No question it is gold, look at my pics.

Straight forward install and an absolutely perfect fit. For a moment I did have a bit of trouble remembering how I took it apart, lol. Took about 15 mins the first time, but now I could do it in 5 minutes or less.

Great product! You should make some muzzle brakes, too.  ;)

18. maxxdog

maxxdog New Member

Nov 18, 2008

I just order a set (trigger and forearm). Looks solid. Now I can fix the things that have bugged me about the PLR16. I may have to order a second set for my other PLR16 if I like them. :)

How long will shipping take to KS?

19. tesset79

tesset79 New Member

Mar 3, 2009

Thanks for the order, it will go out tommorrow (Monday) and should get to Kansas in 2-3days. The disease is spreading, I bought a second PLR16 too about 2 months ago. I almost didn't buy the first one. I always liked the design but never thought this little gun would work as well as it does.

20. maxxdog

maxxdog New Member

Nov 18, 2008

Thanks for the order, it will go out tommorrow (Monday) and should get to Kansas in 2-3days. The disease is spreading, I bought a second PLR16 too about 2 months ago. I almost didn't buy the first one. I always liked the design but never thought this little gun would work as well as it does.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the fast service and reply. There should be a warning on the PLR box.

"Warning: shooting this weapon will cause the uncontrollable urge to shoot all of your ammo and any friends ammo, family members ammo, or the person's next to you ammo." ;D