WTB

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Gramps300, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I'd like to find a .357 barrel/kit for my P40 and/or a way to transform my P40 to a P11.  I'd also like some info on the difference between P11 and P40 magazines.

TIA,
    Jim---Gramps

2. hiredgun

hiredgun New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    PM sent.

Hiredgun.

3. Red_Hat

Red_Hat New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    The difference is in the feed lips and the follower.

[​IMG]

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The springs are not the same either. I think the only thing they have in common is the tube.

5. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Boy, I don't know, Gramps, this Hiredgun guy is somebody you better watch out for. This guy has a habit of being completely honest and open. He usually has what you're needing and -- this is the part you really have to be careful of -- he often will pay you your asking price with no haggling! I've done business with him before, and he is one flat out stand up kind of guy. Buy or sell with complete confidence! :cool:

Good luck -- hope you find what you're looking for.

Regards,
    Lynnsky

6. colbbi

colbbi New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I have shot 9mm and 40 from P40 mags w/o issues. I had 1 that would ocnsistantly not feed the last round of 9mm, but a +10% mag spring did the job. I was shooting a p11 w/a p40 kit for the 40 s&w shooting. I do feel, after reading a lot of posts here, that every gun (p11 or p40) is different. Meaning that some things work w/o issue on some guns that will not work w/others. Another example is that I can shoot 185 grain 40 S&W w/o any issues (except a sore hand) while many others have stated that they can not w/o feed problems. Gramps, get a P40 kit and don't be afraid to try the P40 mag for 9mm. Kind to think of it, I can also shoot 40 in my P11 mags good enough for range shooting. They do FTF more than I like if I was carrying and would not trust them for anything but range shooting. OTOH I would carry my P40 mags loaded with 9mm in my P11. Hope this helps with the Kel-tec addiction...........................

7. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Ditto , ;) He also gets the Burley seal of approval :)