wtb/wtt Taurus key (Closed, Thanks CJ)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by lop, Sep 1, 2010.

1. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Hey, anyone out there have a key to fit a Taurus revolver? I'll buy it, or trade you one of the many S/W keys I dont' use.
    Thanks,
    Lop

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Re: wtb/wtt Taurus key

I think I have one I could send you, let me check and I'll PM you.
    Don't need a Smith key and I'd be glad to send it free if I can find it.

CJ

3. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

side post remove the lock:

the lock is held in by a single cross pin in the hammer. The system is comprised of the lock pin, a small spring, a detent ball, and the cross (retaining) pin. To remove the lock you have to remove the hammer from the gun, drive out the tiny retaining pin and as you move the lock out of the hammer there is a small ball and spring to retrieve from the hole.

4. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

lop, I have several Taurus keys, but none came from a revolver. If they are all the same then I would gladly take you up on your swap offer. Shoot me a PM

5. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Thanks guys,
    CJ is sending me one. If that doesn't fix it, I'll be digging into it and per RJ's instructions. 'Bout time I opend one of these pups up.

Lop

6. Toforo

Toforo New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Columbia, MO
    lop -

just an FYI.... I was at both my LGS's today and both of them said they keep several spare keys (of all the security internal-lock guns) around that they acquire from trades, gun-smithing services to assist clients, etc - and from sending stuff back and forth to both the manufacturer and their distributor. Both shops had at least 6 keys for both S&W and Taurus...

also - Taurus can be NEARLY/almost as good as KelTec about sending out simple stuff like that for free all the time (yes, the NIB guns that get shipped out to distributors for retail sales OCCASSIONALLY are missing the key) so there's another route for you (or anyone) in the future.