WTB / WTT - need .45 Colt brass

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Bert, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    All,

I need some brass for .45 Colt.

I have plenty of 9mm & 40 S&W to trade (will plus up for the .45LC's).

Thanks, Bert

2. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    I can bring some for ya to the National Meet & Shoot  :)
    I got 40 rounds of Win Sup X brass and you can have what ever I (we) shoot at the Meet. Probably another 40-50 rounds. I don't reload so I don't need the traded brass (just let me shoot a couple of your hand canons ;) )

3. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    Great !

Thanks !

I will have the 308 pistol with me

Bert

4. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    Burley, thanks for the kindness, I ended up with 75 pieces of brass which gets me going nicely.

I have some Midway $ built up from some refunds, so I'll get the other supplies and equipment squared away this week.

Interesting how over two years of picking up range brass, I have found ~1000 .45 ACP brass, but nothing in .45 Colt.

I really enjoyed spending time with you & the gang this weekend, and I am glad you checked out my Rossi 94.

Warmest, Bert

5. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Thank you Bert for letting me shoot the 45 LC lever gun and the big honking .308 pistol. That thing rocked. :)
    Great to meet ya too

6. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Burley, thanks for the kindness, I ended up with 75 pieces of brass which gets me going nicely.

I have some Midway $ built up from some refunds, so I'll get the other supplies and equipment squared away this week.

[highlight]Interesting how over two years of picking up range brass, I have found ~1000 .45 ACP brass, but nothing in .45 Colt.[/highlight]
    I really enjoyed spending time with you & the gang this weekend, and I am glad you checked out my Rossi 94.

Warmest, Bert
    [/quote]

Not that unusual since .45ACP is an auto that gets flung all over the range while .45 Colt is a revolver round that is dumped manually by the cylinder or punched out individually from single action guns. Generally, when one manually punchs out empty brass it's over a bucket or container rather than being flung around the range and having to stoop and pick to recover.

I'm fortunate in that we have a Cowboy Action Shooting Society that meets every month and a couple of the members both shoot .45 colt and don't reload. I go out to the range and scrounge around in the trash cans after every meet and have made off with quite a few empties that way. Plus, sometimes one also gets the boxes so they are available for neatly boxing after reloading.

Best find was 12 boxes filled with empty brass in .44 Special. They took the time to put the empties back in the boxes and then tossed the boxes in the trash can. Wow !

Wish I could spare some brass but I'm hoarding all I can in anticipation of my next acquisition of a rifle in .45 Colt.

Dan R