WTB/WTT: Marlin 60 parts

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by bamf_shadow, Dec 7, 2009.

1. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    I have an old '76 Glenfield Model 60 that is trying to be revived from the grave. Got the action working nicely, but I am missing 2 parts. On the diagram in the online manual they are parts 60 and 61. Basically the bolt and nut on the front of the trigger guard. Marlin has them for $2.80 total, but with a $10 shipping charge  :eek: . They assured me that those parts have remained unchanged since the dawn of the 60, so any year will do. If you have said items I could really use them.

Also, if anyone is interested I have a spare Marlin 60 reciever, barrel, mag tube, and the brass mag "follower". I am looking for an ATI Dragunov stock if you have one of those. I will trade any/all of what I have for any/all of what I need.

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Re: WTB: Marlin 60 parts

i have the dragunov stock for a 10/22 but not the model 60. if you could adapt it, its yours.

3. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

Just looking at the pics on ATI's site and the instruction manuals, they look nearly identical. About the only thing different that I can see is the addition of one screw at the rear of the trigger guard (I believe that is a pin of some sort on the 10/22). I will PM you about that, thanks!

Edit: after a closer side by side picture comparison, I don't think that 10/22 stock will work. There are more differences than I had originally noticed. Thanks again though!

4. guru2sum

guru2sum Active Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Mad City, Wisconsin

The screw has a standard thread, and I was lucky enough to find the nut up inside on one, so I didn't have to replace the nut on that one.

I'll be replacing an ATI stock with a Boyd laminate, so the ATI should be available. I need to play with the Boyd first, and I probably won't get time until Sunday. If someone else hasn't stepped up by the time I figure out what I want to do with the ATI, we might be able to do a deal if we can stay within ATF. What is the condition of the parts you have; are they worth the cost to ship?

When I take it apart I can see if the ATI includes the nut. I think I might be able to convert a woodworking nut into what you need otherwise.

I like the ATI better than a standard stock. It seems to make accuracy easier.

G2S

5. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

According to the ATI instructions the nut had to be transfered from the original stock to the ATI stock. I have read some good things about those boyd stocks, my wood stock has some large cracks otherwise I wouldn't even bother changing it out. I need to run some rags down my spare barrel to confirm that it is in good shape. It doesn't include sights, the brass follower seems to function just fine, and the reciever just has some scratches and such. The only shipping problem that I can see is that the serial number is stamped into the reciever. I am not sure what the age is, I will pm you the serial so you can research that if you want. I will also get some pics posted tonight if I can. Thanks!

6. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX

Ok, upon further inspection this barrel is trashed, so it is no longer for sale. About half way down it is very rusted, I mean like chunks! Anyways, I removed the mag tube and barrel from the reciever, so those parts plus the brass follower rod are still up. The mag tube has some rust, I think some sanding and reblueing and it would look good. The reciever looks fine minus the paint. The follower seems to work well to, I tested it in my other 60.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Sumbrada77

Sumbrada77 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    bamf_shoadow, I hope you don't mind but I mentioned your parts on RimfireCentral. They have a Marlin model 60 group that is always looking for parts. They will probably get back to me concerning the parts, If they do I will let you know. The feed tube
    and brass follower are always being searched for. Many have experience with the stock your interested in. If you have
    not checked out this forum. It's great for 22LR related stuff. So is Marlinowners forum.

8. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    Thanks for the help. I am on both of those forums, although not frequently. I have always had such good luck with the people on KTOG so it is always my first stop.

9. guru2sum

guru2sum Active Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Mad City, Wisconsin
    bamf_shadow, lots of good and bad news.

Good news(?) - blizzard caused work to be called off early and church was cancelled tonight so I had time to play with the toys.

Bad news - the ATI stock can be used on several different Marlin models, including some with "clip" magazines.  And it weighs 3/4 pound less than the Boyd.  Sorry, but I want to keep it.

Bad news - the ATI stock doesn't fit the 795 model.  It would have been really compact and light.

Bad news - my woodworking nut is #10, and the trigger guard screw is #8.

Good news - I don't see why a standard hex nut can't be used if the screw is the right length.  You tighten that screw to the stock before installing the trigger guard to the receiver.  Or you could drill out the hole and use a #10, but I'd try the hex nut first.

Good news - If the barrel is good except for external rust, you can try steel wool to take it off and then put some liquid black on.

Bad news - You need to send a receiver through an FFL unless you can do a face-to-face.

Sorry again - G2S

10. bamf_shadow

bamf_shadow New Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Beeville, TX
    guru2sum, thanks again for the info. The barrel had major rust inside. Also, it was my understanding that I could ship the recieverbecause it didn't have a serial number (stamped on the barrel). Am I wrong on that?
    BTW, the mag tube is 20 and 3/8" long.

EDIT: I had a brain fart, the serial is stamped on the reciever. In that case shipping of the reciever must be thru FFL. Question though: on parts that don't have serial numbers, they can be shipped direct correct?