WTB - ORIGINAL SAIGA GAS PUCK

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by virtual-rj, Mar 8, 2010.

1. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Ok, someone the wife works with started modifying his Saiga-12 and it now has serious issues. B0b and I want to take it back to stock for troubleshooting, but he can not find the original gas puck.

I know a few people here have modified their Saiga shotguns and may have one laying around, so if I can buy one that would be great....otherwise, if someone can point me in a good direction for one, that would help too.

I have never seen a saiga turn into a single shot rifle using magnum slugs. until yesterday.

and that was on setting 1 and 2. and it worked great before he started messign with it.....

thansk guys

2. alzona

alzona New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Prescott, AZ
    Virtual:

Here's a thread from the Saiga forum for a guy who might be able to get you what you need. I was floating around in that forum and saw him reference "gas knob." Have no idea what a puck or knob is, but maybe this is what you're looking for: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=27253

3. mastercrasher

mastercrasher New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Bellevue
    The setting comes from the factory set on #2. This is for standard shot shells and is for reliability. The nimber #1 setting is for slugs. If the gun fires reliably on #1 with standard ammo, leave it there. I fired a few slugs set on #2 and the recoil is considerable and eventually destroy the gas cylinder stopper.

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    no, it fires nothing reliably. single shot all the time. and magnum slugs should have enough get up and go to make it work great....

I am sure he f*cked something up and that is why I want to go original..b0b and I are not assuming anything is good.

otherwise, I will take the parts out of one of mine for testing.

just trying to make this simple.

5. jthrop153

jthrop153 New Member

Jul 24, 2008
    do you know that the puck is at fault?
    you say that he tampered with it, hopefully he didn't do anything to the gas ports.

gogun has a pretty good line on aftermarket pucks:
    http://www.gogun.us/index.php?optio...mp;category_id=28&Itemid=109&TreeId=5

that's an accessory page, but you'll find 2-3 different types of pucks there.

-edit-
    the website also has OEM US made factory spec pucks, for only 6 dollars. cheap investment to possibly fix the issue.

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    actually, I have not determined what is at fault, except the action does not cycle with slugs and therefore needs to be a gas issue.

i will rip it down this weekend.....