Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these aren't common, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Always wanted a lever action, and I don't want another caliber to stock. That means .357! I can get a new Rossi shipped for $430, but I really want a Marlin. So, if anyone has one, or knows of a good one (new or used) for under $500, let me know.

Not really sure what I would trade, but it's an option...

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's $200 cheaper than new ones around here. IF one can be found at all. Of course, add in shipping and FFL fees... Ugh.

Why must this be so difficult?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Just to annoy you, here's me and my boys, me with my Marlin 1895 in 45-70 and my 9 year-old with his Marlin 1894 in 357 :p It's a 1984 model which had maybe 50rds down it (a LOT more now ;D ). I bought it from a buddy for $400. Don't ask though, Jake won't part with it for anything. One of the most fun rifles I have ever fired. Great to see a young 9 year-old blowing up milk jugs at 100yds with full-house 357s and iron sights.
Find one, buy one and you will keep it forever.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a Marlin 1894 in .357, what do you have to trade for it? Its blued with the shorter barrel 18"? Shoot me an email if you're interested
pjm204 @ lehigh.edu (take out the spaces)

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keeping things in line with TP rules....

Um...What do you want? I didn't really think anyone was going to go for the trade option. I don't have anything too rare or special, what ya looking for?

When I get more time tomorrow (Monday) evening, I'll shoot you an email with some stuff. But feel free to post any wants. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lurker:

If I remember right, you live in N. AZ? The last time I was in a local Prescott pawnshop, Yavapai Pawn, I seem to remember seeing a pretty nice little 357 lever. You might want to give them a call. Their prices always seem fair but not great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'll continue to keep my eyes peeled. My wife questions my gun shop habit a leetle bit less if I tell her I'm looking for someone else.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My LGS has a Marlin 1894 in .357 in stock. PM me and i can give you phone number. I Don't know what shipped price would be (and didnt double check price as i couldn't remember WHO had asked this) I am in NY STATE (not the city)

·
Registered
0 Posts
FYI: You are not alone. I'm a FFL, been looking for 2 Marlin 1894's in .375 for a customer for two + months with no luck.
I wanted to buy a Rossi for myself, No Dice. All of my Distributors are out of Lever guns except for a couple .44 mags.
Good Luck in your search, it may be next fall before they restock for Deer season. :(

·
Registered
180 Posts
They are popping up all over near me now. Found a second one (marlin 1894) here too. Not a great price, and not as good a LGS to deal with.... but if you are still looking i can email a pic with price and the LGS phone number.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts