WTB Marlin Lever Action in .38/357

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Lynnsky, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    I am willing to pay a fair price for a solid, used Marlin lever action chambered in .38 Special/357. I'm in northwest Missouri, so if you're not too far, a FTF would save us both some bucks. My absolute first choice is an 18" carbine. Thanks!

Regards,
    Lynnsky

2. dersequim

dersequim Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I was at my armourer's shop today and a guy came in wanting to sell a couple of guns. One was a 357 the other a 40. Kevin told him that he would have a better chance selling the 40 and even offered to consign it. He then told him that ammo for the 40 was
    easier to get right now, which my son and I both have had no prob finding. As far as the 357 GOOD LUCK! I have not been able to find 38/357 for several months and I'm on a Backorder for both with a possible delivery date of 6/6/09.
    I started out looking for a HG Cal Rifle. Looked at the SU 2000 40 or the Marlin 357 but the Ballistics were not what I was looking for. That is what led me to the PLR16 and an AR.

3. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    I hear ya' dersequim. My LGS has a .357 EMF, I believe it is for $500. Too rich for my blood :) Interesting about the ammo, around here 38 Special is always available and, while there is only one box of 357, it's been sitting at my local Wally World for two months! I figure, if I find one, to shoot mostly .38 through it for general plinking and as a complement to my wheelgun in .38. Truth is, I'll probably end up buying the 336 at my LGS -- the one with the gold trigger, sling, and generally poorer quality woodwork. Oh well, they're pretty cheap last I checked. Nothing wrong with having a 30-30 to have some fun with. Rather have the 357 though. I'm not in a big hurry -- that will hopefully help.

Regards,
    Lynnsky

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    lynnsky, too bad you are not closer. I know where you could have your pick, but by the time you pay shipping and fees, it is most likely cost prohibitive.