WTB: Custom holster

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Shanghai_Dan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Shanghai_Dan

Shanghai_Dan New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    So I'm thinking about a custom holster... Small of back, for the P32/P3AT. But it should be a DUAL holster, hold for both left AND right hands. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to me to simply carry a second pistol, rather than extra magazines. About the same weight (for the P32) - to extra mags or one extra mag ready to go in a pistol. And SOB would be the best place to carry.

So, anyone here make custom holsters, or know someone who does? I'd prefer SOB IWB, and as thin as possible (Kydex is fine for me). Have a few ideas about a cheap/easy/washable cover to face the wearer, as well, so that you an use a thin, replaceable fabric between you and the Kydex rather than thick leather.

2. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Saw one a couple years back on here, can't remember owner or maker :-/
    I bet Kevin at K&D could fix ya up . . . His work is very good quality

3. +10 on Kevin.

I have several of his holsters.....Kevin is a first class guy that makes holsters that are second to none!

http://kdholsters.com/

4. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Junior member Kiss_Holster advertised here a couple of weeks ago that he makes custom holsters, Kydex. I thought Scott was getting a free one in return for a favorable endorsement, don't know how it turned out.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1236752188

Might check him out if Kevin is too busy

Dan R

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Will post a review when I get it. By the time the "Deal" was struck to pay him shipping I was out of town for a week so it took a while to get his shipping money off to him.

-Scott

6. kiss_holsters

kiss_holsters New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    thanks for the words guys. i can make you what you want you can send me a pm or call me at 489-234-1381 so we can work it out if you want.

7. Dan-

Did you say CUSTOM Holster, as in quality leather...or a plastic holster shaped with a hair dryer?

Kevin made this Fine leather IWB for my G27 that I sold to one of you guys at the loop hole meeting last week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice the suede back liner-   the attention to detail...the holster wears and fits like a glove.

8. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

NAS , looks like Dan don't mind the Kydex. I missed that.

DAN , Kevin does good work but if'n your in a hurry and don't mind Kydex ya might give the new guy a chance. I'm ordering a neck holster in the trading post he offered at a special price ,so he can get a fair review.As I already own another name brand neck holster I figure I can give it a good/fair evaluation (plus it will be nice to try something new)
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1237926588

9. Shanghai_Dan

Shanghai_Dan New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll get some sketches and ideas down and talk to both KISS and KD, see what comes up!