WoW!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gpz1100, Feb 17, 2009.

1. gpz1100

gpz1100 New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    kinda long story
    this past summer i rode up north and back down thru the rockies. went thru several thunderstorms. got caught a few time before i could gear up. as a result my p3at got wet and the slide turned to rust in just one day. cleaned it up and moved it from my bib pocket to the bikes glove box.
    when i got back home i tore it apart, buffed it down and tried to cold blue it myself. looked ok but would still rust up if it got wet riding.
    now for the WoW!
    i live less than 50 miles from Jack Fuselier. i dropped off the slide for the p3at and a p11 i keep in the nightstand for the satin nickel finish.

WoW! they look great!

[​IMG]

(upper left is my factory satin finish p11)

looks like i'm gonna shoot up a couple hundred rounds tomorrow!

THANK JACK FUSELIER!

2. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I hear Jack's place is hard to find.

4. sirlancelot

sirlancelot New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Mr. Fuselier did a nice job on my P3AT too, but when the little kel-tec went "back home" for repairs it came back with a new slide and barrel

which was fantastic on kel-tec's part , just have to send my new slide out for plating :)

funny thing was when the gun came back they used the plated take down pin instead of replacing that too

someone has a sense of humor in Florida :cool:

5. gpz1100

gpz1100 New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    no that hard. i had to go over to livingston to a trailer shop for some parts. his place was about 3-4 miles out of the way.

6. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Jack has done several guns for me, including some non-Kel-Tec's. He is the BEST, and VERY reasonable prices...probably the LOWEST. :)

7. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Forgot to mention: If you are sending a slide to Jack, throw in a couple of magazines. I think they (mags) are still under $10 each.

8. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Did they at least send you a hard chrome slide?

I am going to be sending my P3AT to Jack in a week or two here. :cool:

9. fastcarsgofast

fastcarsgofast New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    They sure do look nice. I still prefer a parkerized slide. Don't like calling attention with a shiney gun. ;)

10. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

I'm a big fan of Jack's work. I've tried a couple different aftermarket finishes and I definitely prefer his. It's not too shiny and it holds up well to sweat. The only time I really carry my P3 anymore is when I'm jogging, so it does tend to get a little wet.

11. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I think I'm going to break down and see if I can get a couple of mags plated. I have a chrome slide which I like, but it would also be nice to not have to mess with the mags as much.

12. sirlancelot

sirlancelot New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Did they at least send you a hard chrome slide?

no plated slide, but kel-tec replaced every part except the frame :)

the finish is a dull gold/silver and isn't shiny at all. it does hold up to sweat which is great because this is a summer gun.

being active and still having protection is great

13. 2thman

2thman New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    WoW indeed. How do I contact Mr. Fuselier and can you give me a ball park on cost?