Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda long story
this past summer i rode up north and back down thru the rockies. went thru several thunderstorms. got caught a few time before i could gear up. as a result my p3at got wet and the slide turned to rust in just one day. cleaned it up and moved it from my bib pocket to the bikes glove box.
when i got back home i tore it apart, buffed it down and tried to cold blue it myself. looked ok but would still rust up if it got wet riding.
now for the WoW!
i live less than 50 miles from Jack Fuselier. i dropped off the slide for the p3at and a p11 i keep in the nightstand for the satin nickel finish.

WoW! they look great!

(upper left is my factory satin finish p11)

looks like i'm gonna shoot up a couple hundred rounds tomorrow!

THANK JACK FUSELIER!

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I hear Jack's place is hard to find.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mr. Fuselier did a nice job on my P3AT too, but when the little kel-tec went "back home" for repairs it came back with a new slide and barrel

which was fantastic on kel-tec's part , just have to send my new slide out for plating :)

funny thing was when the gun came back they used the plated take down pin instead of replacing that too

someone has a sense of humor in Florida :cool:

·
Registered
376 Posts
sirlancelot said:
Mr. Fuselier did a nice job on my P3AT too, but when the little kel-tec went "back home" for repairs it came back with a new slide and barrel

which was fantastic on kel-tec's part , just have to send my new slide out for plating  :)

funny thing was when the gun came back they used the plated take down pin instead of replacing that too

someone has a sense of humor in Florida  :cool:
Did they at least send you a hard chrome slide?

I am going to be sending my P3AT to Jack in a week or two here. :cool:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I'm a big fan of Jack's work. I've tried a couple different aftermarket finishes and I definitely prefer his. It's not too shiny and it holds up well to sweat. The only time I really carry my P3 anymore is when I'm jogging, so it does tend to get a little wet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did they at least send you a hard chrome slide?

no plated slide, but kel-tec replaced every part except the frame :)

the finish is a dull gold/silver and isn't shiny at all. it does hold up to sweat which is great because this is a summer gun.

being active and still having protection is great

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.