WOW! KTOG Rocks! Totally impressed!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Proteen, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Proteen

Proteen Guest

In the welcome wagon area I briefly explained my aquisition of a new Kel Tec 380. I no longer find this little baby ugly! Here's what i have been up to.

New in box P-3AT(OD Green)
    SN. Begin JVxxx

Performed total Fluff & Buff of barrell only. Lugs, Feed ramp(s) and chamber, complete exterior polish. Cleaned out factory trash from slide rails and oiled liberally. THAT'S IT!

Went Desert riding this morning on my trusty KTM and took along this little KT to deflower with a few rounds.

Exactly what I expected as far as recoil. SNAPPPY and FUN!

My first 7 cartridges were Rem 88gr. JHP's.  1 second between shots,.. perfect feeds and ejects! I DID NOT EXPECT THAT!
    Second 7 rounds........SAME.........SAME.........SAME........PERFECT PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Third 7, same ammo, as fast as I could pull the trigger.............PERFECT!!!!!!    By this time, the two guys I was riding with were playing a game catching the empty casings trying not to take a step to do so.  They were about 12 - 15 feet behind me and having a blast.
    Lastly I filled her up with 7 102Gr. Golden sabres to see if I could get a whimper out of this little gem.  No such luck!!  Perfect again!!   I am so SO  SOOO stoked with this weapon!  I am extremely thankful for this website and the wealth of knowledge you all possess! I really was totally prepared for some type of problem to arise during these initial rounds as I have read how you all address them and make corrections.  I am almost scared to give it a "complete" F & B as I have never had a pocket pistol that performed properly and this one rocked today!!

Thanks to all
    Tom

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the boards...

John

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Welcome Proteen.  If she is working fine there is no need to do any further F&B.  Keeping that feed ramp nice and shiney and slick is a big part of it.  If your rails are sliding nicely now just keep her clean, lubed and go run some more through her.  Most of them are that way, we just get a little caught up when all we see is "sick" ones in this "hospital."  

Note that just because there is no need to do more F&B'ing doesn't mean don't get to know her intimately.  They are easy to tear apart, put back together, and see how things work.

-Scott

5. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Welcome Tom

Just picked my Baby up this past Friday. Haven't had a chance yet to test her out. But glad your time went well.

Happy Shooting to you.

Bo Bryant

6. FLA2760

FLA2760 Active Member

Aug 22, 2005
    I agree that you do not do anything more to it if it functions without any problems. Keep it well lubed.

7. Proteen

Proteen Guest

Thanks much to All.

Tom :)

8. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Welcome aboard!

Shoot, clean, lube, repeat!

9. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Every time you say that I get excited :D

-Scott

10. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    I try, Scott.

Maybe you should use a little less lube though. It....

Never mind.

I'm done.

;D

11. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    welcome....start saving your money, kt's are addictive...gpr

12. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome Aboard! Happy to read you had such a positive experience with your new P3AT. Of all the color cominations I've seen I like the Black/OD the best - even better than my HC/Gray.

Take care...

13. sniper7369

sniper7369 New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Williston, FL
    That is the truth. I've only have my P-11 for about two weeks and just picked up a black/OD P-3AT today. I damn near bought the P-32 that was sitting next to it in the display too, but I was short about 100 bucks. ;D