Would you buy this p3at...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 9mm, Mar 14, 2009.

1. 9mm

9mm Banned

Dec 6, 2008
    At one of my fav dealers, he has a USED 2nd gen, navy blue frame, hard chrome with a belt clip attached in the kel tec black zip case. He has $269 on the tag but he might possibly come down a bit on it for me. I held it, its in good shape, although I dont like not knowing if the previous owner(s) dry fired it alot, other than that im really thinking of getting it. Is this a pretty good deal? Thanks all. :)

2. RV

RV New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    If you don't want it, buy it for me and I will pay a 5% handling fee.
    Ron

3. RHB43

RHB43 New Member

Dec 22, 2008
    I just sold my 2nd gen. with about 180 rounds through it, only a couple of dry fires before I found out was not supposed to do that. P3at one extra mag, don humes jit holster, one box of 50 wwb. got $265.00 out of it.

4. 9mm

9mm Banned

Dec 6, 2008
    RV, no deal ::) ......$265 with all that stuff aye? was urs blued or hard chrome?

5. RHB43

RHB43 New Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Blue , I should have specified. I really liked the little gun I just don't pocket carry. I either carry pf9. or p11 on belt in holster.

6. 9mm

9mm Banned

Dec 6, 2008
    I like the blue on black frame alot, but sometimes ive had light rust on my p32 blued/black, im not to much for navy frame but thats something I can live with for a while as ive heard u can buy a colored frame from KT, ive got 2 PF9's one with all the updated parts and the other will all the updated parts except its got a plastic mag release which I carry the PF9 now b/c its much lighter than the glock 26 i would normally carry. I believe imma still buy that one if he comes down on the price a little, if not I may wait for the next gun show and see what it has. decisions decisions

thanks

7. BeefyBeefo

BeefyBeefo New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I wouldn't pay that much for it, but I guess prices can vary quite a bit by region. If you want it, buy it. :)

8. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i would get it. the price is ok. now day you are not going to get one (used or new) for that price. here in tennessee is going price for a new one is $330.00 and that's is if you can find one. used ones are hard to find. i have looked for a used one and have had no luck. no matter what you find wrong, kel tec will send you the parts to fix it.

9. CONNAUGHT

CONNAUGHT New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I paid $200 for a used P3AT--my second-- that was in great shape with a holster and some ammo thrown in. But I saw one recently in a gun shop for $499. They are so difficult to find that I am sure someone will pay it.

10. 9mm

9mm Banned

Dec 6, 2008
    man $499, thats crazy, another dealer down the road from the dealer that im thinking of getting the $270 p3at has a few of the blued/black frame NIB for $330. Im going to get the $270 one tomorrow.

11. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I paid $275.00 for mine brand new in January. There's no way I'm spending that much on a P3AT. It's a great gun but not that great. Some will pay it but not me.

12. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Depends on the area... My black grip/HC brand new was $289.

But that same gun in OH is going for $315 for average. Depends on area... I wouldn't pay that much for a used one... Unless I didn't own a 3AT, and wanted to have one.

13. 3AXBAT

3AXBAT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I'd probably buy. That's not a bad price nowadays, and if you can get the price down, so much the better. As for the dry-fire, if it breaks, won't Keltec make it better? In the current shortage, a gun in the hand beats one on the dealers shelf.

14. PD98

PD98 New Member

Oct 12, 2004
  15. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Please read the rules, no buying selling except in the TP.
    Also what you propose is called a straw purchase, ya might want to google that before ya go posting in public...  Both buyer and seller would do time in Fed pen w/ a guy named Buba  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_purchase