Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Will it fit? Ehhhh ... maybe. Gonna be a SUPER tight fit, if it does. But having had one of those for my Shield .45 (I still have it somewhere in my box of spare parts), I can tell you one thing for sure: it does NOT help with recoil as much as you'd expect. The rubber Hogue uses isn't very "squishy," so it doesn't have enough "give" in it to really cushion the recoil. Weirdly, my Shield .45 feels better WITHOUT that sleeve (and with the 80-grit sandpaper texture smoothed down so it doesn't rip my skin off) than it did with that one.

What DOES work for helping tame the P11's recoil, I have found, is one of these:

Limbsaver's grip uses a similar concept, extending up towards the beavertail area of the grip where the recoil actually impacts your hand, but it's a better execution. It is MUCH more squishy and does a VERY good job of absorbing recoil. The only downsides to it are that it's kind of a "squirmy" fit on the grip - squirting some hair spray (pump, not aerosol) on the inside of the grip sleeve helps sorta glue it in place - and that it's a very grippy sort of rubber, so it can be very clingy against your cover garment(s). They're available on Amazon and all sorts of other places, and they're not expensive at all. Definitely worth a try. Actually made my last P11 pain-free to shoot ... well, aside from the narrow, pinchy trigger (and in hindsight, I should've just kept it and dropped in a replacement trigger instead of trading it off). It's also more stretchy material than the Hogue, so putting it on is not a Herculean task where you pull and strain and grumble and curse and risk ripping the thing in trying to get it on there. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: I got the one from my OP and it fit just fine :D it was a PITA to get on there tho. I figured if it says it will fit a glock26 on the package then it would work and it did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.