Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Barrels aren't listed on Kel-Tec's site so if you call and explain to them what is wrong with it I'm sure they can assist you in getting a replacement. They do have an 800 number but I don't know what it is. Someone will be by soon that does have the number and will post it for you.

John

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well... I bought the pistol second hand, so I don't know what it went through, and I've surely not put more than 500rds through it. So I was cleaning it yesterday and was inspecting the barrel after I had brushed and swabbed it. Seemed the difference between the lands and grooves was not as pronounced as I thought it would/should be.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Some might say even close to non existent. Seriously, these things don't have deep grooves. They also have very thin barrels. Particularly where it necks down at the muzzle end.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
wcgoble said:
[quote author=doubloon link=1220462868/0#7 date=1220480447]There are quite a few more reasons for erratic shot placement.
Yes, and I'm sure I'm guilty of most of 'em! :)[/quote]
Hehe ... just checking. Actually I was talking about stuff like overly loose slides, inconsistent loads, etc.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I try to practice the 'push-pull' grip and proper finger placement, no limpwristing.
I shoot at a paper plate with a 1in. orange dot from 15yds. and can get 5-6 on.
I don't just sit there and grind rounds through it either- simply that, even with the strongest Wolff springs, the result is always a ringing R thumb knuckle. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
You have rifling in your barrel?!? :eek: I can't imagine the shots I could be making if this gun had better rifling than it does now. Heck, I'd be busting balloons at 100yds all day long ;D

G

·
Rifling in a P3AT Barrel?

Do you get one from Customer Service, or Parts?

Should I call or e-mail?

How much more does that cost?

What is better for the rifled barrels, JHP of FMJ? ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I beg to differ with some of you.  My P3AT ser#JJTxx does have what I would call rifleing.  There are 6 distinct slightly spiraled groves that run parallel to each other for the length of the barrel.  Not very deep however, and not just scratches.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
neknraw said:
I beg to differ with some of you.  My P3AT ser#JJTxx does have what I would call rifleing.  There are 6 distinct slightly spiraled groves that run parallel to each other for the length of the barrel.  Not very deep however, and not just scratches.
I think what you have missed in the posts of others is sarcasm. Yes, they are rifled and as you said "not very deep" which is what all the comments were triggered off of. They were an attempt to point out to the OP that his barrel was probably exactly as it was meant to be. Once you know these guys a little better it is easier to discern.

-Scott

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.