WOO HOO! 380s

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Biker_Jim, May 25, 2009.

1. Biker_Jim

Biker_Jim New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Checked out one of my Wally Worlds this AM, about 9 oclock. They had just got in several boxes of ammo. Went thru all the boxes and only found one box of 380s. Several boxes of 9mm and an assortment of others. The last 380s I bought were under $10 a box, today $15.97.

If you are in/around OKC that was the WM on Northwest Expressway and Council Rd., no 380s left but some other stuff if you are interested. Good luck!

2. hotrodchevrolet

hotrodchevrolet New Member

May 24, 2009
    my wal mart limits the number of boxes they will sell to an individual, but find a good guy in that department and they will tell you when they expect the next shipment in and then you can stalk them like i did. like you said, more expensive that they used to be, but better deals than most of the gun shops/gun shows in my area.

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    No Pistol Ammo at my local (eastern NC) WM. It has been 6 or 8 weeks since last shipment and no ideal when next shipment will be

4. stockman28

stockman28 Guest

May 26, 2009
    Most GS have PD rounds on the shelf. But no plinkers . Ammo is showing up but slow limited amounts , Like a small GS close by received 5 boxes of 380 in a back order shipment. I could have bought all 5 owner didnt care but only bought one. Our Wally worlds have very little to no ammo on shelf . If they are getting new in, its leaving as fast as it gets their. I think I paid 20 for the box.
    I shoot some cowboy loads and 45 colt is 45 a box if ya can find it. 38-40 is anywhere from 38 to 65 bucks a box pending where ya find it. Primers are still in short supply, powder can be bought in 4 and 8 pound kegs. One pounders are harder to find.

5. Apiarian

Apiarian New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    What is amazing to me is as short as ammo is, WM would not let me return some ammo even though they sold me the wrong ammo. They simply stood by their policy of NO RETURNS on GUN or AMMO. I asked for Rem 22lr they sold me 22 short. The boxes look the same and I did not look close enough. :-[

6. hotrodchevrolet

hotrodchevrolet New Member

May 24, 2009
    the gun shop i buy from has 380 but they keep it behind the counter and tell everyone they are out, but keep it to sell to the customers who buy 380 guns from them, to sell at the time of purchase. i am guessing other dealers may be doing the same thing. call ahead and say you want to buy a new 380 but you are only buying from a place that will sell you ammo. when you get the answer you want, show up, dont buy a gun but tell them you know what theyve got and beg them to spare a box....may work if you are desperate :-?