wont eject live chambered round

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rdemilt, Aug 13, 2010.

1. rdemilt

rdemilt New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    I post last week that I had taken my P3at to the range for the first time and had excellent reuslts. Today I wanted to disassemble and clean so I removed the magazine and pulled the slide back to eject the chambered round and it stays in the gun. The extractor pulls it back, but it does not eject. If I pull the slide back and slightly press on the round It falls out freely down the magazine hole. I went ahead and cleaned it and put it back together with the same results. I know when fired the slide travels with much more force the I can exert by hand but shouldnt a chambered round pop right out ? It is a new gun with only 60 +  rounds shot and I cant say if it always had this issue as I purchased it new , cleaned it and shot it without ever trying to remove a chambered round. Yes the screw is tight.

2. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Welcome to the KTOG P3AT BB. :) I suggest that you field strip you P3AT and make sure that the ejector (not extractor) is still in the frame if it isn't you'll see the cut in the frame were it was. It's fairly common the lose this part cleaning if the pistol is field-stripped. Kel-Tec will send you a new one if its lost at no charge.

Best Regards: :)

3. rdemilt

rdemilt New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Thanks to Picatinny_Pete Im back in business. I went back to my garage where I completed the disassembly and there was ejector lying on the bench. once i put the ejector back in the gun performed flawless

4. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Happy top be of service. :) The next time you clean your P3AT a drop of blue lock-tite, or Indian Head gasket shellac on the ejector cut will help retain the ejector. Here's to good shooting.

Best Regards: :cool:

5. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Here's another way to get it to stay in the gun:

A few years ago I took the ejector out and smeared Shooters Choice Gun Grease all over the areas that contacted the frame.

It won't come out even if I hold the frame upside down when it's field stripped but I can remove it with my fingers if I want.

6. rdemilt

rdemilt New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    So today I went back to the Range and shot another 50 rounds, I had one empty casing that didnt make it out of the gun but once I cleared that I was back to shooting. So far I am liking this little gun alot.

7. big_iron

big_iron New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    :D I had the same issue, but I was unable to find the little rascal. I called KelTec and they sent me one free, and I am not the original owner. Woo Hoo. What an awsome company