Wollf Spring Update

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Boggs51, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    God, how hard can it it be to make a spring! How many years has it been???

Talked with them today.

Yes, they are planning (soon) to have available a "full" spring set for the our 380's.

Problem: OEM and military orders...and only 11 employees!

P.S. If I owned a small company "that" busy, I would simply hire more help!!!!!

I understand the labor-cost issue. Excess labor...and associated cost...has to be considereed. I've just redueced gross empyoyee count from 127,000 + to approx. 91,000.

2. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Addendum: They never taught us how to spell at Wharton!

Boggs

3. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Good work Boggs - glad to hear someone is in their ear over the springs, as I want a set badly!

Did you really attend the Wharton School at Penn?

4. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    pocketgun: yes...also University of Michigan undergraduate, Harvard JD/MBA @ 19 yrs old., Penn/Wharton REIA (Wharton Business) , Law School Penn , LL.M Real Estate, LL.M. Taxation, and finally back to University of Michigan Graduate School of Business for a GRI.

Married a Super Model 27 yrs. younger than myself. Even though she is getting a little "long-in-the-tooth," she still makes more in a month than I earn in a year!

Should have married her mother...who is 10 yrs. younger than me!

5. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    I would hire you, but I doubt I could afford to keep you! ;D

Lets hope your "old" lady doesn't read the forum. A sofa is still a sofa, after all.

6. Warty

Warty Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    TH, IN
    Well, I have been after tham for a while now but it was before I joined up here.

I wanted to perk up my P3AT so I checked Wolff like I always do when I want to perk up a pistol...
    NOTHING FOR THE P3AT!

So I sent them an email. They told me the same thing, this was about two weeks ago...

7. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    They've been sending us that same email for years. :D

Packer.

8. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    sorry to go off course...BUT... boggs isn't it great to be closer in age to the parent of your spouse!!...i'm in the same boat as you :D

9. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Forget the parent! How about some pics of the supermodel? :D

Packer.

10. Mnog

Mnog New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Go to www.rugerforum.com and read what COFFEE POT, a retired Ruger Design Engineer has to say about recoil spring design.I asked him if Jocko's slide cracks could have been from using the Wollf 13# P32 springs and his answer was ABSOLUTELY! followed by an explanation. See "outer and inner springs"

11. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    From MY reading of that Ruger Forum thread, Coffeepot was all FOR using a heavier spring. Not that I recommend such--I believe in changing factory springs often instead.

But when he was asked about Jocko's gun, I got the impression that he was thinking a STOCK p32 spring had been used, and answered accordingly--That such a weak spring would be detrimental in the more powerful .380.

I don't think he realized that the 13 Pound spring was actually MORE powerful than the stock P32 recoil springs.

Packer.

12. Mnog

Mnog New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I used the word Wolff, so I am sure he, as a designer, knew it was an aftermarket spring. What is the pressure of a P32 spring? He also said, perhaps after you read the thread ,that he preached OE springs to avoid problems. He did say that a more powerful spring might not hurt, as long as it wasn't too heavy and didn't interfere with reliable cycling.If a spring is designed for a .32 and it is 13#, if it is not too heavy in the .32 to interfere with reliable cycling, it may be too light for a .380 that has much higher pressures. If the said Wolff spring is acceptable for the .380, why are we asking them to design a spring for the .380

13. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Two Pistol Packer:

I need to learn how to post pics on KTOG. I have already printed out all the instructions on how to do so...just haven't read it yet!

You always have beautiful women on your "tag" Just made up that word...you know what I mean.

I met Jolie a long time ago when she was a kid...hanging out with Tatum O'Neil...good friends at that time in ancient history...she and Tatum...not me. All I can say is that she is much more beautiful as a 30+ woman than she was as a teenager!

I will eventually post a "tag" of my wife...the "Romanian."

14. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    quickmick7:

My next birthday I will be 58...where has all the time gone?

My favorite bands are as follows: Cure, Hole, Train, and Three Doors Down.

You know you are getting old when your wife considers "those" bands as the Everly Brothers of "my" time!

I'm still in better physical condition than her...seems that in Romania one can smoke as soon as one is able to walk. And can she smoke...cigs that will make me almost pass-out!

P.S. You want to know something funny (actually very sad). She is going to vote for Obama...even though she grew up in a country under Soviet occupation (sp). Why...he looks good!

In the words of Michael Savage, "What a world I'm living in."

15. Sassi

Sassi New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    MNOG brings up some good questions. If the KT 32 Wolf springs work in the P3AT why do we need something specific for the P3AT? Any body know the answer?

16. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    2pp* has a good point too.  If the KT springs work in the KT, why do we need something else?

-Scott

* Pardon me Packer if I am mis-attributing this but I thought it was what I have seen you post many other times.

17. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    This thread needs to get back on track and get back on NOW.

Somebody needs to help Boggs51 get his pics posted ;)

18. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Nothing to pardon, Scott.

Yep! That's how I feel! Change them every 500 rounds and they work perfectly. I have tried all the Wolff recoil Springs and always came back to stock as the best.

Packer.

19. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I'm currently talking to Hogue to make a slip on grip for the P3AT, just got a Handall Jr. just needs some cutting to make it fit properly but I LOVE the hand swell. I have large hands and the palm swell is just what the doctor ordered at least for me. Without it the grip was just to thin for me now it's well..... perfect! :D

Tom j.

20. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    :-? Back on track? Well it IS still Spring for a couple of days I guess. :D

Packer.