Wolff P3AT springs....any one used them?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by chihuahuatn, Apr 15, 2009.

1. chihuahuatn

chihuahuatn New Member

Aug 31, 2008
  2. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    not yet. i would just call kel tec and have them send a new spring.. don't see anything wrong with the factory springs. i have used wolff springs in other guns when i done trigger jobs. they make a good spring.

3. Poppers_2-4

Poppers_2-4 New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    I've got the P-3AT and the LCP. When they did the modification on the LCP the installed a new outside recoil spring that was wider (cone shaped) than the KT. I have not shot either this year, so did KT opt for a new spring as well?

4. copterdrvr

copterdrvr New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    I ordered Wolff's 3 spring "tune-up" set for the P3AT. I break today so I'll be at the range Friday to see how things go.

The springs look exactly like the factory springs, they just are higher rated springs. I received a 13, 15 and 16 pound spring and I've installed the 15 pounder to start with. I was very happy to see Wolff offer these springs as I was surprised to find that my little 380 tossed empties about 20 feet!!!

copterdrvr

5. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    Really no reason to replace the springs of a new gun.
    Yes I have used Wolff springs, and they work fine.
    But I think KT will send you replacements if you ask them.

6. copterdrvr

copterdrvr New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Well, I don't know about that-in this case. I don't own any other semi-auto pistol that throws its empties 25 feet above my head and 20 plus feet behind me. That tells me that things like the slide are moving much faster than they have to. I'm guessing that it will reduce the battering of the slide and probably even reduce the felt recoil a bit.

I'm going to the range tomorrow and I'll give ya'll a range report.

Copterdrvr

7. CDW4ME

CDW4ME New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    USA
    I wish Wolff would make P3AT magazine springs.

8. copterdrvr

copterdrvr New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Well, I went to the range today and had a blast.  I started out using the 15 lb spring and after a magazines worth of ammo, installed the 16 lb spring.  The gun functioned perfectly and the empties landed about 8-10 feet from the gun.  I'll be leaving the 16 pound springs installed in my 380.  Felt recoil seemed to be reduced and the gun functioned perfectly.  Thanks Wolff springs!!!

P.S.  I wish Wolff would make a heavier hammer spring for the gun to insure proper primer strikes. Also, after about 250 rounds, not a single failure of any kind. Did the F and B.

Copterdrvr

9. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I`ve had my P3AT for two years and recoil spring wore out .I e-mailed them Monday about it ,and i received both recoil springs in the mail today free of charge.now that`s service..Just installed them and they seem a lot stronger than originals..I`d try a new set from kel tek first

10. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Good info CD, Thanks

11. chaos321

chaos321 New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    That's 3 on here saying to use the factory spring. This is a thread about Wolff's spings to help reduce felt recoil! If he wanted to feel the same recoil he would have stuck with the factory srings? :-?

Good write up on the Wolff spring. I wondered how it would work, I have a set in my PA-63 and made a huge difference.

12. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I've never noticed that light strikes were a recurrent issue with the P3AT and of course a heavier hammer spring would surely  increase the weight of the trigger pull - not something I'd wish for. :-?

13. chihuahuatn

chihuahuatn New Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Thanks for the info everyone :)  I still use my stock KT springs and just wondering if the Wolff springs have more durability but this is negated since KT sends new springs for free. I do agree I wish they made mag spring replacements too,
    Mike

14. chaos321

chaos321 New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    I see this often also. Are your mag springs getting weak over time?

15. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    after how many rounds does Kel-Tec recommend a spring replacement...it's 200 for the Rohrbaugh 9