Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just at the Wolff gunsprings website and I couldn't find any recoil springs explicitly for the P3. They do have some for the P32: 9#, 11# and 13#. Does anyone her use these? My P3 finds those square-nosed WWB rounds hard to chamber and I thought stiffer springs might be part of a solution.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes I use the 13# springs from Wolff. The onlt thing I noticed was just at the point when the slide closes its a little lighter force than with the origional springs. Otherwise they feel stronger (a little) when racking the slide. I feel that using the wolff springs will not produce peening on the slide, as neither spring will go solid.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
as pointed out by kb61751, the 13# P32 wolf spring in the P3AT does not go solid at full recoil.

The 13# rating is with the spring solid, so in a P3AT, the full recoil force will be less.  

Even though the spring constaint is greater (force/deflection), with the spring's free lenght significantly shorter, the force at slide battery is less.

making adjustments to the springs free space with washers could allow the full 13#s at full recoil, but would add very little to force at battery

Not Knowing Wolf's finally tempering process, but assuming "the best process I've read about" the pitch to strain appears to be above yeild so the spring will "wear out" with a few hundred cycles.   I think by thier P32 springs being over maximun material properties explains why they can not make a spring for the P3AT.

G

·
My experience a couple years ago wasn't good. After several hundred rounds in my P3-AT I started having failures to feed. I went back to new stock springs and the problem went away and has stayed away. I have always had good experience with Wolff in other guns-just not this one. I say save your money and get some freebies from KT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.