Wolf Gold & AGlaser grips and pads

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by RandyP, Feb 3, 2008.

1. RandyP

RandyP New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Went to the local range today for my first tryout of the AGlaser pads and rubber grip. I used just one set of the pads under the grip.

MUCH improved handling and far less discomfort shooting the P3. I am truly impressed with the results and for the very affordable price this was a great accessory for my pistol.

I also took the opportunity to run a box of Wolf Gold JHPs thru the KelTec and my Bersa along with a box of Blazer aluminum cased. Both offerings performed without a hiccup. Frankly I am pleasantly surprised that the Wolf Gold functioned in the P3, considering how miserably the Wolf bi-metal did on my last outing. The Wolf Gold is still pricier than the Blazer or MagTech per box, but at least it proved a viable option as a SD carry round in hollow point. It was $18 for a box of 50 rounds at Cabela's.

The Blazer aluminum was also worthy of mention. Accuracy was fine and so I will keep my eyes out for any that comes up on sale at the local stores.

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Wolf Gold is actually manufactured by Prvi Partizan, a Serbian company, and is brass, as I'm sure you know.

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    If you have Academy Sports in your area, they usually carry Monarch ammo at a good price. It is made in the same Serbian factory and probably is the same as wolf Gold.

4. RandyP

RandyP New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    never heard of Academy, a web search showed no stores within 250 miles of my zipcode in Chicago.

If I should take a road trip within their region I'll have to stop in and check them out. In these parts Bass Pro Shop, Cabela's and Gander Mountain are the "biggies" but their ammo pricing leaves much to be desired.

I'm usually better off driving out to the far burbs or nearby Indiana and buying at WalMart.

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I have usually found, especially for the P3AT, that buying mail order is the way to go.  Two of my favorites:

www.buyammo.com (although I have never ordered them for the .380 (I only shoot AE FMJ or DPX in the P3AT) I have been EXTREMELY pleased with their Miwall and their Factory Reloads in other calibers - plus they come in their own ammo can, the best storage possible)
    and
    www.ammoman.com

There are other good ones, and you end up buying 1/2 case or more to make the prices REALLY good, but ammo is something that you can't have too much of as long as you keep it right.  Remember, that weapon is absolutely useless when you run out of ammo and the gubmint makes it so you can't buy anymore.

-Scott

6. RandyP

RandyP New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Sadly I live in the Peoples Republik Of Illinois, State motto? "Unarmed citizens make the best Prey", County of Crook, Empire of Chicago.

NO mail order ammo allowed for us.

7. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    OMG!  How about private party sales? And since there are no "Staw Purchase" laws for ammo, got any friends just across the border? I am SO sorry.

-Scott

8. RandyP

RandyP New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    I've a relative in Missouri and Indiana, but both are a several hours drive away, so by the time you add the gas and tolls, any on-line savings are very small.

WalMart, though the choice is very limited, remains the best 'lower-cost' ammo option. While on road trips anyway I keep my eye out for local gun shops and potential deals. My LGS are the next best bet, and perhaps the best choice anyway, just to keep them supported and viable.

9. Seaworm

Seaworm New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    It's amazing the difference that is made by a couple of thin strips of foam, isn't it.  Did you put on the grip sleeve as well?  Did the pads eliminate the bite caused by the trigger?

SW

10. RandyP

RandyP New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Some trigger bite is still there but the 'perceived' recoil and control on the second shot is improved.

I anxiously await the first owner comparisons to the new Ruger LCP. I wonder how the handling and trigger will be viewed?