Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would buy ..... an S2K pistol
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

For comparison .... ( a photochopped dream )

White Air gun Black Trigger Machine gun

That's roughly 4" of the barrel and then the stock becomes a 4" shorter brace.
Going from 30"+/- to roughly 22" ...... just an itch below 12" folded.
Don't beat me up over the actual photo sizes ( not to scale?).
I literally cut and pasted.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Negative. I'm not presently investing in anything braced.

We don't do politics here. So, I'm going to report this as news: Braces are under attack. A rule that was scheduled to land in August has been pushed to December.

The rule isn't published. But it is the current talk of the 2a community. Search Arm Brace Rule on Rumble.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We don't do politics here.
I know. Been a member quite a while.
What exactly is political about what is nothing more than a wish list? ( just a short one)
And I am well aware if the talk in the 2A community. Been armed for more years than I can remember.

But please, elucidate on the political content of my post .......

·
Registered
245 Posts
I know. Been a member quite a while.
What exactly is political about what is nothing more than a wish list? ( just a short one)
And I am well aware if the talk in the 2A community. Been armed for more years than I can remember.

But please, elucidate on the political content of my post .......
LOL ... your post is not political. A key component of your design - the brace - is a hot potato which happens to be on a politicaly sensitive hit list.

We can't build a pistol from a rifle 'cause laws. Kel Tec would be very unlikely to add a brace to a brand new offering at this time 'cause business.

My statement re: politics was included 1) to limit the scope of my own reply so that I did not accidentally share my opinions, and 2) to prevent folks from grabbing my introduction of current events and facts and devolving into a discussions on the merits of a political agenda.

While I am here 'gain though. KT will have a difficult time shortening the bolt tube as shown in your example. Recoil is managed in that tube. It is governed by the mass of the bolt/carrier and the strength of the spring. There really is not much room for increasing either of these in the s2k design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ignoring the brace/no-brace issue, my question is why? If you want a 9mm or .40 pistol, there are hundreds of them on the market... if you want a long-barreled pistol, you can even get a 16" barrel for a glock... and there are many more reasonable length barrels out there. If you want a pistol with a brace, why not one of the MCK variants? IMO, the beauty of the SUB2K is that it is a full-length PCC that quickly and easily folds in half for storage and transport, and it uses magazines that I already use in my daily driver. The buffer tube is already short enough that the length of pull is kind of short at full extension for a large adult (I am 6'3). I am considering adding some kind of extended stock for comfort... maybe a good use for one of my 3d printers if I can find the time to CAD one up... add a couple of extra inches to the adjustable length. (And I would have to hunt down just the right color filament to print it in). But to each their own. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my question is why?
The compact form factor.
12-ish inch barrel more accurate than 5"
As a pistol can be carried concealed.
A 12" package that could easily be backpack or carry-case concealed (folded)
Mag feed equals more ammo on hand
9mm available practically everywhere
pistol cal. = one ammo 2 weapons
a perfectly simple design that just works

your own post answered it also
"the beauty of the SUB2K is that it is a full-length PCC that quickly and easily folds in half for storage and transport, and it uses magazines that I already use in my daily driver. "
But in the long barrel pistol platfrom it would be carry-able an practically invisible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts