wish to find used P3AT in CA...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by NotDirtyHarry, May 12, 2008.

1. NotDirtyHarry

NotDirtyHarry New Member

May 12, 2008
    I need something light and small for mountain biking, among other things, as there are a lot of weird people out there in the hills, not to mention mountain lions etc who are significantly larger and faster than me, and I often ride alone because there is just no one to go with. Also had problems on the road on my road bike on long rides. A woman alone is subject to whoever comes by, esp when there aren't a lot of people around. Can't carry a boat anchor on a bicycle. Or anywhere else for that matter.
    Why is this model illegal in CA? Do the people who make the laws think we're all crazy here in CA or what; isn't this sort of infantilizing grown up adults?

thanks to anyone who might have one, or a suggestion for where to find one.

2. Hey not dirty........you may want to post this in the trading post area with a WANT TO BUY title.

The trading post is here:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=2503

The 3AT will be hard to find in Cali.

Why is it illegal in CALI?..... because YOU the other CRAZY PEOPLE that live there keep electing CRAZY PEOPLE!

You might be able to convince a cop to buy one..then you can buy it from her at 3x the value.  (So I have been told!)

Or you could move to many of the other beautiful states in this wonderful republic that does not feel the need to so severly limit your choices.

Check out this spot for mountain biking in my neck of the woods.... rated top 10 mountain bike trials.....no kidding!

http://www.park.lincolnparish.org/

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  4. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    It's hard to believe they are selling for $500 and up in California.

5. NotDirtyHarry

NotDirtyHarry New Member

May 12, 2008
    thanks everyone. I'm actually planning on moving out of Cali at some point, was thinking of NM/AZ?UT/CO 4 corners area, its too expensive here, and you're right, its way overregulated. I think the regulations are in place because Cali is a focal point, it draws a lot of...shall we say...alternative consciousness types...regarding lincoln park, it looks beautiful, but where are the mountains?
    its ironic that in a state where we really need self defense because the population density of deviants is higher, they don't permit this weapon to be sold. It must be political, because S & W airlite ti is sold here, its just three times as expensive...
    I can't afford a gun that costs over $700, and isn't even that compact to begin with. the barrel is too short too, on the airlite .38. That is a nice thing about the P3AT, its got a longer barrel, is lighter and smaller. The longer barrel helps with the recoil, but the light weight of the piece prolly counters that advantage somewhat...

6. NotDirtyHarry

NotDirtyHarry New Member

May 12, 2008
    Also, check out senate bill AB1218, which sounds like it might permit dealers to sell used, guns manufactured before they were put on the DOJ "safe handguns" list

7. Uhhhmmmmm ... the mountians are in Colorado! ;)

We got swamps! Does that count? ;D

8. justintime

justintime New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Those states you mentioned about are where other kalafornicaters are moving to. And where they move to they start voting in people that think like they do and change the law3s that have been on the books and protecting their rights for a very long time. Those people are trying to make their new home just like kalifornica. IMO I think the state should give those that leave kali(liberals) surgerey to install some sort of intelligence that their society bleaches out of them. But it is IMO.

9. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    I have a buddy in CA that offered his LNIB Glock 26 w/factory night sights for a used Blued/Black 1G P-3AT. The guy said "maybe" but then wouldn't return his calls. Four years of actively looking and he is still trying to get one.