Winter fun

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by zeke, May 1, 2011.

1. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Here's where my gun and fun money will be going for the foreseeable future.  

Two years ago I bought a used Kubota lawn tractor with a snow blower attachment.  It was well worth it that winter, seemed like I was using it every day.  This past winter I only had to use it a few times, but still well worth the money.

The problem is that the snow blower is heavy and has to be raised and lowered manually(Cant figure out how to attach a winch to the tractor).   It's ok for me and my 25  yr old son.  I had my daughter try to lift it the other day.     There is no way her or the wife will be able to use it to move any snow.  At some point they will have to be able to clear the driveway themselves, I'm thinking more the daughter, as the wife doesn't like the quad.  With winter over there isn't much of a market for a snow blower now so I saved about $700 by buying now.  

It comes with a 15 hp engine,  should be picking it up Friday or Saturday.  Still need to get a winch for the quad also.

[​IMG]

http://www.bercomac.com/accessories-20-versatile-snowblower-atv.php

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU8Xp6O6j6Y[/ame]

If you have to ask why, you don't want to know. ;)

2. Hannibal

Hannibal New Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Beats shoveling! I swear old man winter watchs me shovel, because no sooner do I step inside to thaw my frozen limbs after clearing the drive and it starts to snow..

I miss southern virginia :-/

3. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Looks good
    My son put a snow blade on his quad, my wife will probably get one too for hers. Other than when we get bad drifts the blades will work. I got a walk-behind snowblower for those days. And I don't consider snow removal as winter fun  :p I spent 20 years with a job that had me doing that, it ain't fun getting out at 2 am driving 30 miles thru unplowed roads to get to work plowing so everyone else can drive on cleaned roads ,very glad not to have to do that anymore. Now hunting and fishing thru ice , that is winter fun  ;) ;D

4. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Ice? snow? yall are crazy. ::) Yeah, I was born in Syracuse, but I live in Georgia. :cool:

5. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Not one of my favorite activities either. Beats the heck out of shoveling. The way our driveway is once the drift starts and the wind normal direction of the wind a couple of inches of snow leaves us with 50 ft of the driveway that has 12 to 18 inches of snow that needs cleared.

Started looking at a winch for the quad. Any one know much about them? The main purpose for it will be to raise and lower the blower.

6. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Buy Warn, all the way. That's the best advice I can give you as far as winches go.

7. illogicalmethod

illogicalmethod Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Nice, always nice to have that option to remove snow easily.

As far as that white, powdery coldness goes.....

I guess, part of the reason why I like snow is, because when I was in Northern Ontario, I didn't have to shovel it :D

8. Arkon

Arkon New Member

May 6, 2011
    Beautiful machinery! That would beat shoveling any day.

9. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    someday soon this is what i'm putting on my winch, already broke the 1/4" steel cable and have lots of kinks in it, this will not kink and won't come back at you if it breaks.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011