Winchester white box ammo*different primers*

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by YooperP3at, Jun 21, 2010.

1. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Just found several boxes of Winchester white box .380 ammo yesterday at Walmart $35.00 / 100.
    Happened to notice that the cases looked dirty/used and the primers were different colors.
    I took some pictures along side the same ammo that i purchased a few months ago.

The box on the left is the stuff I bought this spring. The box on the right is the new stuff from Walmart.
    If you look close at the box on the left, the primers are the same brass color as the cases.
    The box on the right has two different color of primers...the darker primers are on the right side of the box.
    The lettering on the case heads also appears to be dirty, or dirt in the lettering.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before, or if it's even a big deal...Just happy to find them again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Agent-Adam

Agent-Adam New Member

May 19, 2010
    I guess they are letting the dies dirty up or doing less final cleaning/polishing to meat the demand. I have had some pmc starfire/elderodo that literally had black tar spots all over them.. I have noticed a difference in primmer darkness in WWB for a while. Even in there premium Ranger line. They always shoot fine for me. I was getting stunning clover leaf accuracy at 3-7 yards with these flat point WWB 380 bulk packs that are finally coming around. The 380 value pack is only 24.99 around here.

3. jimls

jimls New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    The last box of WW at my local range visit was pretty dirty! After about 75 rounds, the chamber was dirty enough to cause problems loading the next round. Other rounds such as Speer/Blazer, Fiocchi, or UMC would easily go 200 rounds.

Jim

4. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

It sounds like the specifications were slightly lowered on the components to meet a price point. It isn't necessaryily a bad thing, surplus Lake City ammo also has a minimum of cleaning, but still shoots great out of my rifle. That being said most people at most shoot a box of pistol ammo and leave it at that during a shooting session.

Best Regards

5. Agent-Adam

Agent-Adam New Member

May 19, 2010
    Well now the prices are up to 31.99 or 35ish with tax. Not too bad considering the demand. The sporting goods clerk told me its because those little Kel-Tec pistols are the most popular right now :)