Winchester flat meplat

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by marshall, Nov 5, 2009.

1. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    How has the Winchester Valu Pak round with the flat meplat functioned in your p3at pistols? I'm interested in function, not stopping power, or expansion, etc. Just, does it cycle reliably?
    I have some, but haven't tried it out yet.

2. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Fine in mine, circa 2005. At that time many reported problems with WWB (Winchester White Box), but mine ran fine. Lately it seems it has turned around and most people with newer guns say that WWB is one of best running rounds.

Bobo

3. Little_Z28

Little_Z28 New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Runs flawless in both of my P3AT's

4. drg-racr

drg-racr New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I just ran 50 rounds through my newer P3AT and it worked great. But it sure does bash a big "smiley" in them. Doesnt seem to cause any issues though.

5. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    No problems here. They feed and fire just fine. I just finished my last box and will be starting on the five boxes of Federal American Eagle the came earlier this week.

6. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I ran 200 rounds of the Winchester flat meplat through mine for break in with absolutely no problems.

7. bbauman

bbauman New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    The slide needs a bump after racking the 1st one in but otherwise works fine.

WWB was the only plinking ammo I found since getting a P3at (and haven't seen any since break-in).

8. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Was flawless in mine

9. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Mine hates the stuff >:(

10. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    A lot of First Gens did work well with it but the Second Gen seems to like it just fine.

11. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    with mine, WWB was an "acquired taste" . that was all i would feed it, and it learned. ;D

12. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I have held onto my Hornadys for defense and regard them as I would gold dollars. WWB flats were all I could find for practice, so I tried them. The first one wanted to be tapped in. After that they seemed really not so bad feeding ... One stovepipe in 50 rounds. With my wrists I feel that is a good result. :D

13. glove

glove New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Ohio
    Hello
    My 2nd. gen. P3AT fires everything I put through it including the WWB. :)
    Dave Z