Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My springs are starting to look a little ratty. I was wondering if the aftermarket springs Wolff sells for the P32 will work in the P3AT. I cannot find any aftermarket springs made for the P3AT.

Regards,

John from MD :-/

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Re: Will Wolff  springs for P32 work in P3AT?

Wolff has still not made any P3AT springs, despite promises dating back at least two & 1/2 years in email I received from them back then.

A few folks have tried P32 Wolff springs, with somewhat mixed results I think.

Why not just call KT and ask for replacements?
They are free.

KT customer service: (ask for Service, not Sales)
1-800-515-9983

rcmodel

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

for what it is worth...

I compared the outer KT P3AT to the out wolff P32.  (wolff mistake and only got outers)

outeroriginalwolff
wire0.0260.028
OD0.02500.242
Coils2621
free lenght2.72.5
Compress0.680.59
force6 1/28
twistRHRH

If one were to make a stiffer spring for the P3AT, the wire diameter must be increased. with that, the number of coils need to be reduced to keep the solid lenght the same. Also the pitch needs to be the same (or greater). The 13# P32 does that. The only question is the material wolff uses.  The KT are made from the best spring wire (silicon something). If it is made from the more common material it will be subjected to cyclic yielding and loss strenght after a few hundred rounds

With the smaller solid lenght, the spring will not be at full force before the slide hits the frame.  the nylon washer could be used to get the most from them though  

G

·

johnfrommd said:
My springs are starting to look a little ratty.  I was wondering if the aftermarket springs Wolff sells for the P32 will work in the P3AT.  I cannot find any aftermarket springs made for the P3AT.

Regards,

John from MD :-/

THEY work perfectly, they are a better recoil spring IMO. They are shorter looking to than the factory kt springs but that has nothing to do with their operation. They will work perfect and you will not have your ejected casing flying all over hell either..Nothing wrong with the factory recoil springs either,. Wolffs uses top quality materials, that is their reputation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.