Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty new to these guns (1 week) and have seen several people mention kel tec swapping slides for $20. I have a blued version now, but would prefer hard chrome. Does something have to be wrong with mine before they will do it? regardless, the first night I handled the gun, the slide somehow managed to spot a shiny brown in a few areas. Its hard to describe, clearly not rust, but will not come off either. It wasnt this way when I left the gun shop.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
No they don't swap out slides and on a finish (bad blueing ) you need to call and report it right away. I don't think they will warranty finish after a couple of weeks. The slide itself (and other parts )holds a lifetime warranty but not the finish.
KEL-TEC CNC INDUSTRIES INC
1475 Cox Road Cocoa FL 32926
Tel: 321-631-0068
M-F 8am-4pm EST
Toll free 1-800-515-9983

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Kel-tec discontinued the $20 slide exchange a couple of years back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you click the "news" link on the main Kel-Tec website, you will find this:

ATTENTION ALL KEL-TEC FIREARMS OWNERS:

As of 2-21-05 Kel-Tec has suspended all finish upgrades for all firearms. If your upgrade request was made before the above date it will be processed. Kel-Tec will still produce firearms in parkerized and hard chrome finish but no more finish upgrades will be performed. (posted 3-17-2005)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.