Will Kel-Tec swap my slide?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Hawkjm, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Hawkjm

Hawkjm New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    I am pretty new to these guns (1 week) and have seen several people mention kel tec swapping slides for $20. I have a blued version now, but would prefer hard chrome. Does something have to be wrong with mine before they will do it? regardless, the first night I handled the gun, the slide somehow managed to spot a shiny brown in a few areas. Its hard to describe, clearly not rust, but will not come off either. It wasnt this way when I left the gun shop.

2. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    No they don't swap out slides and on a finish (bad blueing ) you need to call and report it right away. I don't think they will warranty finish after a couple of weeks. The slide itself (and other parts )holds a lifetime warranty but not the finish.
    KEL-TEC CNC INDUSTRIES INC
    1475 Cox Road Cocoa FL 32926
    Tel: 321-631-0068
    M-F 8am-4pm EST
    Toll free 1-800-515-9983

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Kel-tec discontinued the $20 slide exchange a couple of years back.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Jack F will plate your slide, just a few dollars more though
    CLICK

5. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    and i believe that's where my P40 conversion was plated at. great work and it looks fantastic!

6. Hawkjm

Hawkjm New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    how durable is this finish? i think this is the route I would like to go. Thanks to everyone else for their responses too.

7. Cingularity

Cingularity New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    If you click the "news" link on the main Kel-Tec website, you will find this:

ATTENTION ALL KEL-TEC FIREARMS OWNERS:

As of 2-21-05 Kel-Tec has suspended all finish upgrades for all firearms. If your upgrade request was made before the above date it will be processed. Kel-Tec will still produce firearms in parkerized and hard chrome finish but no more finish upgrades will be performed. (posted 3-17-2005)

8. Hawkjm

Hawkjm New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    contacting kel tec tells me the same thing. I wouldnt have thought to look in the news section for that anyway though.