Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or do I have to send them the gun. With my rust problem the solution is to send Kel-Tec my slide and have them fix the blueing. Will they sell me and ship me a new slide in hard-chrome. I hate to not have ccw piece for the 3 or so weeks Kel-Tec refinishing will take. I would be willing to just outright buy a slide if they will ship it to me. I know some companys require you to send them gun on parts like a slide. I got a e-mail saying a slide would be $72 but it didn't say if they will mail it or I have to send my slide in. And they didn't say if the $72 would be just a blued slide or if it was any slide for that price.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I were to order a HC slide from them once I get the HC and take all the internal and put it on the HC slide. I could then send them the rusting slide.

I don't mean to bug with my post's, But I am just trying to keep from not having my 3AT to carry for as little time as possible

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Understand the not wanting to be without. My suggestion - buy another P3AT to have as back up while you: Get this one sent back and "fixed" with a new slide, then send it to Jack for plating...

-Scott

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
If you don't want another P3AT, get it a little bother (P32) before you send the slide in ;D

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
adamsesq said:
My suggestion - buy another P3AT to have as back up while you: Get this one sent back and "fixed" with a new slide, then send it to Jack for plating...
-Scott
I did the exact same thing. My P3 should be back from Jack this week, then my original P3 will go out to CCR. It was the only way I could figure out how to not have my little bug and get rust protection at the same time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I read on one of these threads that you can order a replacement slide from KT on your credit card, then when you recieve it, you can mail back the defective one and they will credit your credit card back the money when they get it. That way you are never without a working weapon. Is this true?

If so do you get a slide minus the extractor, firing pin, and all the other stuff?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I think the Credit card exchange was over done and might no longer be an option :-/

G

·
Southernshooter said:
If I were to order a HC slide from them once I get the HC and take all the internal and put it on the HC slide. I could then send them the rusting slide.

I don't mean to bug with my post's, But I am just trying to keep from not having my 3AT to carry for as little time as possible
SOLUTION:??? Meet me at LA/MISS line.... leave your gun on the ground and pick up the $100 bill you see, and walk to the store to get you a new P3AT!

You get new gun for only $150 with no hassles of going back to Florida!

G

·
Seriously...It is a bummer, and it appears that you did get a bad finish.

Have you thought of a DIY re-finish such as duracoat? There are many options other than sending him home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.