Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a makershot speedloader, one of the loaders that just pushes down the follower enough to seat in one cartridge, and it's absolute crap. I have no issues loading these magazines by hand, you just push down and forward and the cartridges seat without rimlock. I haven't had to fix any rimlocks since I started loading them by hand. When the magazines were new, it wasn't very easy, but once they're broken in I haven't had any issues and can just do it while im watching something else. Maybe it's because they're coated in that magtech grease they slather all of their bullets in.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Loading 6 mags seversl timed by hand can be a pain. Thats why to me there is only one loader to get. The American nested speed loader. I am sure they are the manufacture for the one kel tec offer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I haven't used a speed loader yet for my CP33 or my CMR/PMR magazines. I find that the CP33 mags are easier to load Thant the CMR/PMR mags. I do have 8 CP mags and 8 CMR/PMR mags that I will load before going to the range.

If I were to buy a speed loader, it would most likely be the American Nested speed loader. A lot of people on this forum seem happy with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't used a speed loader yet for my CP33 or my CMR/PMR magazines. I find that the CP33 mags are easier to load Thant the CMR/PMR mags. I do have 8 CP mags and 8 CMR/PMR mags that I will load before going to the range.

If I were to buy a speed loader, it would most likely be the American Nested speed loader. A lot of people on this forum seem happy with them.
The American Speedloader works great. I load 7-10 then tap the mag against my palm to ensure seating. This seems to eliminate rimlock, any FTF, I was able to go through 3 mags last week w/o problems. I used Thunderbolts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The American Speedloader works great. I load 7-10 then tap the mag against my palm to ensure seating. This seems to eliminate rimlock, any FTF, I was able to go through 3 mags last week w/o problems. I used Thunderbolts.
I load all of my magazines by hand tapping every 5-0 rounds and have never had any issues with rimrock or feeding.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts