Wife's P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gschnarr, Feb 1, 2010.

1. gschnarr

gschnarr New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Just purchased a KelTec for the wife's birthday. She wanted something smaller for those time that the Bersa was too large and liked the feel of the KelTec. Well took it out to the range put 66 rounds thru it without any issues. I was pleasantly surprised by the recoil. After reading a lot about them, I was expecting a lot more difficulty with the recoil. Now I am not concerned about her shooting it. So now, she will not leave home without  one or the other. We just need to get a few more rounds in it to break it in properly.  

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG.

I would just be sure it is cleaned and lubed

3. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Welcome, great to have you here. Tell you wife hello and welcome to the wonderful world of Kel-Tec. :)

Yep, people online would say how BAD the recoil was in these tiny guns. Not true. They are a delight to shoot.

I recommend you put 150-200 rounds through it before carrying it. Also, a mag or two of her carry round to make sure it will cycle when she needs it to.

Then, a good clean and lube and she's ready to go. I did the fluff and buff too before carrying just to get it all smoothed out.

I have a feeling the Bersa will be getting very lonely with the new competition in the house. ;)