Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the wife to the range today to shoot the .22 rifle. When done with the rifle, I went to the pistols thinking that it was my turn. Unexpectedly she wants to shoot the P3-AT. Pistols are not her thing and in 35 years she has shot maybe 10 rounds. First 5 rounds miss the 10 inch target entirely (from 7 yards). Second try and 3 of 5 hits. Third try and you could lay a quarter on 4 of her 5 shots. Not in the 10 circle but not a bad grouping. From that point she was hooked. She groups better than me! I should mention no problems with this pistol in the hands of a tiny wristed very novice pistol shooter. When we finished shooting she said to me the words that every gun crazed husband want's to hear, " I could really get into this". I think my gun/shooting budget just took a nice upturn.
Larry

G

·
Man... My wife could not hit the broad side of a barn with a baseball bat. So she hates it... But she thinks that the old western wheel guns are "Pretty"

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Your budget did not go up my old man, it went WAY down. Now you are going to have to pay for her guns too!

I made the mistake of letting wifey shoot one of the twins after I bought them (not for her...) As we left the woods she would not let me stop at home. We drove right past and to the gun store where she purchased her own P3AT!

-Scott

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well my wife hasn't hijacked my pistols yet but she does group way better then I do. Her first trip to the range shooting my Sig 2022 .40 she finished with 7 in the heart and 5 in the head at 7 yards. She has put 12 rounds in the center (1 1/2" bull) of a small "dirty bird" at 30 feet. I had not let her shoot my 22/45 yet in fear I might lose it. She doesn't like the kick of my KTs (luckily).

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
barnettbill said:
When you are married it's "what her's is her's and what's your's is her's" ::)
I believe this to be a very common misconception - at least around my her house. It pretty much can be summed up with the first half, as there is no "mine," it's just all hers!

-Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.