Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
oakme2 said:

I am considering a law suite against Keltec, and I will not post any photos until after that is settled.

No photos, no numbers ... no actual facts. I would say troll material except most trolls post to their own threads more frequently and try to appear smarter than this.

Seems more like one of those Nigerian bank scams except on a message board and no clearly defined goal. It's like a lap dance through a plate glass window.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Lurker38 said:
BTW, what's a law "suite"?
I think that is a building where there are a bunch of law offices?  Closest I can come anyway.  I do some fine filing of my weapons sitting at my desk sometimes.  Maybe that is what filing a law suite is???  I think my secretary might have a nail file in her desk, maybe that is what he is talking about???

Oh well, no pictures, no story = move along here folks, nothing to see.

If this were the real reason why it was discontinued you'd think we would have heard of at least ONE credible KB story before now?

-Scott

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Maybe he meant a law "sweet"? Although I never heard of law being sweet. Some lawyers maybe.

Maybe. :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
RAT76 said:
:cool:

Many moons ago I used to design those things for a living.  

Agreed, the hoop stress is the determining factor here.  IIRC the hoop stress is around twice what the longitudinal stress is.  More or less.   It is after all almost 30 years since I've crunched the numbers on a pressure vessel.  Back then we didn't HAVE computers.  That period was when we switched from Log Tables to EXPENSIVE simple calculators.

I'll put my confidence in the guys at KT that design these things for a living.   ;)
Yes, hoop stress is 2x the longitudinal stress. I never really used the log tables much, but I still do use my slide rule. Once, while I was working through some problems a young lady came by and asked me what I was using. I replied that it (K&E LogLog Duplex) was my calculator. She looked puzzled, and I explained that it was very reliable and didn't need batteries. She then asked if it was solar powered. I said that it was even better, it worked in the dark. She was very impressed with that.

My bet is that if barrels were suffering "energetic disassembly" that there would be such a rapid and public recall effort that there wouldn't be many out there now - not to mention a large notice on their web site.

The poster has indicated that a little knowledge can be very misleading as well as dangerous. I hope he isn't trolling, and seeks professional opinions (I almost said help.)

J

·
0 Posts
ChasF said:
I never really used the log tables much, but I still do use my slide rule.  Once, while I was working through some problems a young lady came by and asked me what I was using.  I replied that it (K&E LogLog Duplex) was my calculator.  She looked puzzled, and [highlight]I explained that it was very reliable and didn't need batteries[/highlight].  She then asked if it was solar powered.  [highlight]I said that it was even better, it worked in the dark[/highlight].  [highlight]She was very impressed[/highlight] with that.
Okay, there is a seriously funny joke here about math whiz pickup lines.  Unfortunately, I am in the final stages of finishing up my capstone project and paper for my Masters degree so the temporary brain burn I am experiencing is making it impossible for me to specifically identify said joke.  I am requesting the assistance of the other smarta...er...fellow KTOGers in doing so.

Then, again, maybe it's funnier if we just leave it alone...

Oh, and I think the P40 being discontinued was the Universe's way of keeping me from having to buy yet another Kel Tec.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Why was the P40 discontinued?  LIMP WRISTING

The P 40 and P 357 died because of limp wristing. Period , the end.  Most owners could not handle the harsh recoil and blamed the symptoms of limp wristing , FTF ,FTE on the gun. Factory would check ,test fire and return gun to owner who would LW agian and get frustrated and send said gun back again. This caused considerable backlog and in the end KT pulled the product form their line.

Now quit feeding the troll  ;)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Re:  Why was the P40 discontinued?  LIMP WRIS

Burley said:
The P 40 and P 357 died because of limp wristing. Period , the end.  Most owners could not handle the harsh recoil and blamed the symptoms of limp wristing , FTF ,FTE on the gun. Factory would check ,test fire and return gun to owner who would LW agian and get frustrated and send said gun back again. This caused considerable backlog and in the end KT pulled the product form their line.

Now quit feeding the troll  ;)
+1. i sold my .357 sig barrel after less than half a box. just didn't enjoy it. .40 is manageable with 165 gr ball, but it's best fed the hydra shok LR that is it's SD ammo. even then, i still find the P11 more comfortable to shoot.

·
Registered
I PREFER HI-EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE, BUT THEY ARE HARD TO COME BY SINCE RETIRING FROM NAVAL AVIATION!
2 Posts
...it can't be because of poor quality or performance. I hear too many P40 owners raving about them. I wish Kel-Tec still offered them.

Anyone know?

By the way, what do you P40 owners think of them? Do they have any downsides? How many rounds can the magazine fit?
THE WORST JAMMING SEMI-AUTO I HAVE EVER OWNED!!

·
Registered
I PREFER HI-EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE, BUT THEY ARE HARD TO COME BY SINCE RETIRING FROM NAVAL AVIATION!
2 Posts
Why was the P40 discontinued? LIMP WRISTING

The P 40 and P 357 died because of limp wristing. Period , the end. Most owners could not handle the harsh recoil and blamed the symptoms of limp wristing , FTF ,FTE on the gun. Factory would check ,test fire and return gun to owner who would LW agian and get frustrated and send said gun back again. This caused considerable backlog and in the end KT pulled the product form their line.

Now quit feeding the troll ;)
WHEN KEL-TEC TEST FIRES AT THE FACTORY THEY USE A PISTOL VISE- OF COURSE THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS/JAMMING!! MAYBE THIS GUN WORKS FOR ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, BUT FOR NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS IT IS NOTHING MORE THAN A NICE, SMALL-BOAT ANCHOR!!

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
THE WORST JAMMING SEMI-AUTO I HAVE EVER OWNED!!
WHEN KEL-TEC TEST FIRES AT THE FACTORY THEY USE A PISTOL VISE- OF COURSE THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS/JAMMING!! MAYBE THIS GUN WORKS FOR ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, BUT FOR NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS IT IS NOTHING MORE THAN A NICE, SMALL-BOAT ANCHOR!!
OK, first, you know that you can turn off the CAPS LOCK, right? It makes your post come across as really angry.

I invite you to browse around the forum and post more than just these two posts.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Administrator
31,920 Posts
Who told you this? I'm calling BS. In 20 years affiliated with this site and having known a few folks at KT, I've never heard such a thing, (vise) on their testing range. I own a P40 and P357sig. They are a bit snappy/stout but certainly very useable for most owners I know. Although I haven't shot them lately, I can`t recall a misfire.

Reactions: burley and lklawson

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
goodness. If you can't hold it steady enough to function, replace the spring with a lower one. Then it will cycle fine with a mushy grip. I have done this on multiple pistols, and its fine so long as the spring is matched to the person using it and you don't pass it around to others who may hold it stronger and cause it to take some extra wear and tear. Some (many?) GLOCKS which 'fire under water' and 'never fail to function' and blah blah blah also will LW jam if you don't hold them with an iron grip. So will many other guns sprung for +P ammo and designed for cromags. Its just a spring. Its usually less than $10 to fix it.

I traded away my p40, sure. But it worked 100%. I simply have moved to SAO pistols as my preferred platform.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I felt like it was the ammo in my CW40, found some rnd nose HPs n no issue but most ppl prob not going to do that, I can feed to wad cutters to the Glock. just picked up a P-40 slide , so can't wait to compare it to the Kahr. Love my P-11 much more :)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts